Notices

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
whats better in nightly17 than nightly20?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
There is something that you can maybe fix coderus

If you use the N950, and you have the keyboard slide open, you can't select any emojis. Because the emojis will only appeir if the vkbd is visible. Since the vkbd isn't visible, it won't show emojis. (It will show them only when the keyboard is closed)

I can't remember if it was also on nightly17, but this bug exist when the new emoji style was enabled. (so it does work on the "normal" wazapp, since it give you a "popup" of the emojis)

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Nightly 17 was more refined and bug free.

we are very thank ful for your nightly builds and your nightly 20 is mosre feature rich build till date but it have many bugs.

but as you said earlier not to report bug and no feedback is required, people are not giving there feedback and reporting bugs.

Instead they are choosing the best build as per there requirements

its features versus bugs (even i am back to nightly 17)

so you have asked i would like to tell you most of the bugs appearing now have appeared earlier as well and all resolved by your good self only. But they appeared again with nightly 20.

cheers and thanks for making wazapp more complete with your efforts and hardwork.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kumary For This Useful Post:
@HtheB no i can't fix N950 behaviour. you can always select emojis by old style window - long tap on emoji button.
@kumaryi just looked at code history, and after nightly17 nothing was broken, but contra - many bugfixies and sability features

i have no idea why you thinking different.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT
@who has problems with last nightly: apt-get purge wazapp
then reinstall the new version

The Following User Says Thank You to lorenzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 165 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Italy
i.e. connection.. as I told before..
basicly, for me..

I've just made a simple test: using nightly20 I sent some messages but they remained red.. normally I disconnect wazapp and re-connect it, so that I can delete messages and re-write them to be sent..
Now I have not disconnected wazapp, but I have closed it and unistalled it, returning to nightly17.. --> messages that were red fastly have become yellow and then green..

Nightly17 manage connection better!

Last edited by palikao; 2013-01-31 at 18:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to palikao For This Useful Post:
Nothing changed in connection engine since nightly17. for you and for anybody else
last connection changes was in nightly15.

think about it.

Adding people in groups works in 17, in 20 you can only add one person, if you add another one, the other ones get kicked out of the group...

Have to agree with coderus on this one - nightly20 is much better than previous ones - auto-connect when switching works fine too. Only issue I ever get it undelivered messages/receipts but that might just be whatsapp server issues.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ India
Nothing changed in connection engine since nightly17. for you and for anybody else
last connection changes was in nightly15.

think about it.
one issue I faced very often was unsent messages with red dots.

My carrier network is not very stable.now days and some message left as unsent as i.get disconnected but then sometime wazapp don't connect until i restart it and sometime even if connect earlier messages remain unsent.

if i remember it was a issue in very early builds and you made the patch to correct it.

may its just me who facing this issue of unsent messages. But yes it was not good experience for me with nightly 20.

pls correct me if i had done something wrong.

thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to kumary For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp