Notices

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Mississauga, ON
Originally Posted by logicprobe View Post
Update: I had sound with my alarm this morning! Yay!!

Interesting about FlipClock on the N900 syncing the alarms only on the second try. I have an N800, and I think I've always seen the "alarmd sync'd" pop-up, but I'm not sure. I'll pay more attention to that one.

Spenc3: I will send the full path and ID3 tag for a couple of the songs that FlipClock refuses to play. Also, I have no other profile set, and I didn't change profiles yesterday, so I don't think that's biting me.
There's another hidden file in the phone under /home/user/.flipClockPrefs.xml

If another alarm didn't sound, can yo send me the file then?? you can attach it in the garage page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spenc3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 白い熊 View Post
There's a catch.

On the N900 it seems flipclock only syncs the alarms, every second try. I.e. set an alarm, go back to the main screen... If you see the system message "Alarms synced..." it'll sound.

If now you go reset the alarm to some other time, and go back to the main screen, it doesn't sync the alarm, i.e. no info message. Fliplock still shows 8 hours till the alarm, or what have you, but it ain't gonna sound.

If you just go in to set the alarm again, don't change anything and go back to the main screen, it'll show the message "Alarms synced" and it'll sound then at the alotted time.

This is the biggest catch... serious, I also learnt the hard way...
Bug tracked for the alarm sync issue... i was able to recreate it.. have to look at it why it didn't take...

The Following User Says Thank You to Spenc3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Spenc3 View Post
Bug tracked for the alarm sync issue... i was able to recreate it.. have to look at it why it didn't take...
I'm curious what you discover, as to what's causing it...

Originally Posted by 白い熊 View Post
I'm curious what you discover, as to what's causing it...
i was just able to recreate it.. haven't dive into it yet to find out what's wrong...

Let you know once i dive into it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spenc3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Spenc3 View Post
There's another hidden file in the phone under /home/user/.flipClockPrefs.xml

If another alarm didn't sound, can yo send me the file then?? you can attach it in the garage page
I had sound with my alarm again this morning. It was a different song than yesterday, so it looks like 0.97-7 is behaving for me now, but there are still five days' worth of alarms that haven't been verified yet.

This weekend I'll make a list of a few songs that FlipClock refuses to play - full pathnames and ID3 tags.

Will FlipClock freak out if I copy the Prefs file to save it while I do some experiments and restore it afterwards?

What's a good command line tool to read the ID3 tag on either an N800 or a Mac?

Path of a file that won't play as an alarm:

<sound>/media/mmc1/Audio/David Lindley & El Rayo-X/Win This Record!/01. Something's Got A Hold On Me.mp3</sound>

Hi! I quite like flipclock, but had the same random alarm issues as some N900 users reported before.
Well, I took a look at the code and I think I know what the problem is. The alarmdv2 interface expects the recurrence in secs, not minutes. However, the internal recurrence of flipclock is in minutes, which as far as I understand is necessary for the older alarmd interface. Therefore, on the N900, there is an alarm every 10080s ~ 3h instead of every week. If you specify an alarm e.g. at 8:00, there will be another one at 10:48, 15:36 and so on. And since alarmd automatically pushes alarms in the past to the next valid time, that looks pretty random at the end :-).
My solution was simply to put a factor of 60 in line 508 of the SVN alarmDv2Func.c, where the recurrence is copied (note that the field is called recur_secs...). Like this, only the newer alarmd is fixed, and so far I get the alarms at the time I expect them :-).
Thanks for the nice program!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to awa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by awa View Post
Hi! I quite like flipclock, but had the same random alarm issues as some N900 users reported before.
Well, I took a look at the code and I think I know what the problem is. The alarmdv2 interface expects the recurrence in secs, not minutes. However, the internal recurrence of flipclock is in minutes, which as far as I understand is necessary for the older alarmd interface. Therefore, on the N900, there is an alarm every 10080s ~ 3h instead of every week. If you specify an alarm e.g. at 8:00, there will be another one at 10:48, 15:36 and so on. And since alarmd automatically pushes alarms in the past to the next valid time, that looks pretty random at the end :-).
My solution was simply to put a factor of 60 in line 508 of the SVN alarmDv2Func.c, where the recurrence is copied (note that the field is called recur_secs...). Like this, only the newer alarmd is fixed, and so far I get the alarms at the time I expect them :-).
Thanks for the nice program!
Thanks for the the code change in the SVN and have JoLouis update the deb (nudge nudge)...

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Queens, NY
Once it's updated I will redownload and install.

---
Who but me?!
--HeavyC.