Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
testing testing yeah two physical/audible clicks gives one space. Quite noticible now you have pointed it out ;-)

Last edited by Duffer; 2009-12-04 at 12:19.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Hang on, so there's two physical buttons under the space bar? That's interesting. I wonder if with a bit of hardware hacking (e.g. removing the space bar cap and replacing with two caps), they could be used independently, thus giving us an additional key to use? Of course, then the space 'bar' would be even narrower than it already is.

hey! Its the same on the HTC tytn II Kaiser... 2 klicks on spacebar never noticed it until I read this thread though.. :P

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Think this is how the design is

| * * |

In my opinion improve chances of pressing the spacebar

If it's

| * |

then pressing on the left side or right side might not register the input.
Thanks for that explanation and no question that it's the correct one. Hard to imagine that it is really necessary given the small size of the space bar.

Originally Posted by solpete View Post
hey! Its the same on the HTC tytn II Kaiser... 2 klicks on spacebar never noticed it until I read this thread though.. :P
And the same on the Nokia E71. Gives a nice double click if pressed right in the center.

I actually like it.

Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
Thanks for that explanation and no question that it's the correct one. Hard to imagine that it is really necessary given the small size of the space bar.
I think this video(4:00) of disassembly makes thinks clear.
Its just a grid of pressable keys --> easier.