Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
While the calendar on the N900 is a huge win over the previous models (haha), it is lacking a few options which are needed to seriously use it.

One of the problems with the calendar is that you can only have recurring events which are repeated daily, weekly, monthly or yearly, but cannot have bi-weekly events or events which take place on every first Wednesday of a month (or even every second wednesday in every third month).

I created a brainstorm proposal for these issues (based on bugs 6505, 5954 and 5955): http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...r_application/

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-27 at 11:20.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Also, you can't create exceptions to recurring events.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandibela For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
Also, you can't create exceptions to recurring events.
Maybe add that to the brainstorm as a solution (if you have an account on garage)?

Originally Posted by range View Post
Maybe add that to the brainstorm as a solution (if you have an account on garage)?
Already on it, right now. =)

The Brainstorm is dead slow. Is there a bug open for it? =)

I don't know really where these belong, as calendar is basically a Nokia sourced project. Basically these are enhancement requests, which are already reported. See bugzilla: https://bugs.maemo.org/buglist.cgi?q...endar&content=

Originally Posted by VRe View Post
I don't know really where these belong, as calendar is basically a Nokia sourced project. Basically these are enhancement requests, which are already reported. See bugzilla: https://bugs.maemo.org/buglist.cgi?q...endar&content=
I guess they belong into brainstorm, as the bug I reported got closed with the request to open a brainstorm about that.

I'd rather see those in a bug tracker too, even as they are requests for enhancements.

Not a very good situation. Especially as the brainstorm interface is rather bad for doing research.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
The really important thing is: It should be possible to define a exactly remember Time for events and also for Tasks like in the most pim suits. Not only in defind periods.

Should we create a extra Brainstorm treat for this simple thing or just do it with this together?

Edit: And yes, this IS a BUG. I synchronized my Calender from the N95 over bluetooth with my N900 and I have one recurring event. Every two weeks it reminds me to bring the garbage to the road. And the N900 reminds me now every week. Not only every second week!

Last edited by Helmuth; 2009-12-10 at 20:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
I ran into this same issue. The most useful additional cases, I think:

"every Nth week" (or month)

"every week on these days" (Tuesday and Thursday, for instance),

"every month on these days" (Mth and Nth of the month, or Mth Fooday and Nth Barday of the month).

I'd say it makes the most sense to combine these cases in the UI. In the following mockup, "text" represents a label, {text} represents a control, and other text represents a description.

First line: "Every" {1,2,3,...} {weeks,months},
Second line for weeks: "on" {M T W Th F S Su} (allowing multiple selections, highlighting selected days)
Second line for months: "day of" {month,week} {1,2,3,4,...,31} or {Nth} {M T W Th F S Su}
[add]

For months, each line would only take one day of the month or one day of week, and the add button would make another line.

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
The really important thing is: It should be possible to define a exactly remember Time for events and also for Tasks like in the most pim suits. Not only in defind periods.

Should we create a extra Brainstorm treat for this simple thing or just do it with this together?
Agree that we absolutely need customizable reminders for both calendar and tasks. Tasks without reminders are next to totally useless. The current implementation is such a step back from my 2.5 years old N95...

Does this require a new "brainstorm" entry? (I would rather call that one a no-brainer)

Tags
calendar, events, repeat