Notices

I know that (on netgear routers at least), you can't do a remote WOL by port forwarding and sending the magic packet from outwth the LAN (can't remember the exact problem but it's something to do with broadcasting the magic packet to the whole subnet not being permitted) - however the netgear router itself has a WOL function, so you can connect to the router on it's web GUI (or ssh etc.) and WOL using it's own utility. Likely oher routers will have similar functionality?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
The icon appearing as a generic blue icon is a general problem that affects many apps. I think I read this problem is fixed in PR 1.2, but I can't find the bugs.maemo.org reference right now.

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
New release compatible with PR 1.2

No new features this time.... Just a new build with new dependencies.

The truth is that I don't know what else to add to it other than better icons - found some open source ones that will be good. Maybe next time...

Make sure to leave thanks, comments, feature requests, suggestions, complaints and/or bug reports so I know that it is useful to someone else.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
WakeOnLan is on testing. Please vote so it can move into the extras repository.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Big thumbs up here - use this to fire up my PC's downstairs all the time. This + vnc = win
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Do you want me to come up with a new icon for you to try?

Just PM me

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Do you want me to come up with a new icon for you to try?

Just PM me
I was actually looking for icons for the servers... I kind of like my old clock icon. I will wait to see if the application makes to extras to gather more input and ideas before publishing a new package.

But if you are looking for "designer" work I have many ideas... for instance a new application of mine (mycontacts) uses css style sheet for the interface... I am sure that someone talented could come up with some very unique skins for the old "address book" look.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
no worry then

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England
having problems connecting my pc!! the mac address starts 00:11 but when it says broadcasting it only says 0:11:

wondering if this is the problem?

Originally Posted by sajman View Post
having problems connecting my pc!! the mac address starts 00:11 but when it says broadcasting it only says 0:11:

wondering if this is the problem?
What is the full mac address? you can send me a private message if you don't want to have the information here...

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: