Notices

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Austria
password-store.sh pass
see http://passwordstore.org - I am not the programer (it's a bash script), only the N900 user who did want to use it.

These instructions possibly allow you to use this software on your maemo fremantle N900 gadget. DO NOT TRUST, THAT IT IS SECURE. CHECK THE BASH SCRIPT YOURSELF. The tool is convient, though.

USAGE COMMANDS:
This is a password manager to be used in the terminal, for example:
  • ~$ pass talk.maemo.org # requests the password for the entry "talk.maemo.org"
  • ~$ pass -c talk.maemo.org # copies password to clipboard
  • ~$ pass edit talk.maemo.org # edits password, multiline possible

Additionally, the password is copied to the clipboard for 45 seconds only. Then the previous clipboard entry gets restored. Enough time to use it for the WLAN setup or copy it over to the login page at the browser.

The multiline requests opens vim. There you can store URLS, secret questions or other information on additional lines. In regards to above, only the first line gets copied to the clipboard.

Additional information for usage:
(1) first you have to init pass: that is "pass init scy@wherever" # this "scy@wherever" refers to your gpg secret key you would like to use
(2) pass talk.maemo.org # on the first request pinentry opens, key in the password scy@wherever of your gpg secrect key
(3) subsequent calls to pass do not require to enter the password anymore # gpg-agent handles this

INSTALLATION PRE-REQUESITES:
(1) have gpg2 installed
(2) have gpg-agent and pinentry-ncurses installed
(3) have git, getopt installed
(4) install tree (V1.7), xclip, and pwgen (# my first N900 compilation, see attachment to this post)

setup password-store
http://www.passwordstore.org
Downloaded Version 1.6.3 from http://git.zx2c4.com/password-store/...e-1.6.3.tar.xz

(1) copied to <my-bin-dir>/password.store.sh # ensure that it is in your PATH
(2) generated a link to the file called "pass"
Code:
 ln -s <my-bin-dir>/password.store.sh <my-bin-dir>/pass
(3) copied ../src/completion/pass.bash-completion to <SOMEWHERE>
(4) added this to ~/.bashrc
Code:
source <SOMEWHERE>/pass.bash-completion
setup gpg-agent
(1) add to ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf
Code:
use-agent   ## tells gpg to use the gpg-agent
(2) add to ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf
Code:
pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry-curses # for me the password entry in the qt version did not work. as you work in the terminal anyhow, ncurses is more convenient 
#enable-ssh-support - uncommented it, kept here for reference, if I will try to use it with ssh later
default-cache-ttl 18000 
max-cache-ttl 86400  # 24 hours
ignore-cache-for-signing #
(3) added to ~/.bash_profile # get's called when osso-xterm opens
Code:
if test -f $HOME/.gpg-agent-info && \
  kill -0 `cut -d: -f 2 $HOME/.gpg-agent-info` 2>/dev/null; then
  GPG_AGENT_INFO=`cat $HOME/.gpg-agent-info | cut -c 16-`
else
  eval $(gpg-agent --daemon --no-grab --write-env-file $HOME/.gpg-agent-info)
fi
GPG_TTY=$(tty)
export GPG_TTY
export GPG_AGENT_INFO

additional setup tweaks

add alias to .bashrc or /etc/bashrc
Code:
alias p="pass"
alias pc="pass -c"

# NOTE: if you know how to import keepassx 0.4.3 database code please add your comments to this thread. the provided scripts in password-store did not workout for me.
#
# NOTE: If you would like to let me know how to improve N900 compiliations, please let me know. I did the compilations directly within the N900.

This is what gets shown for the programs.

tree: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

pwgen: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

xclip: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
Attached Files
File Type: zip tree_pwgen_xclip.zip (92.5 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by scy; 2014-08-23 at 19:42.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scy For This Useful Post: