1) Does n900 have talking caller id, like E90 for example?

2) Can I make calendar fonts larger on desktop?

3) How can I switch between input languages on hardware keyboard? (CTRL+space giving me a msg that input language switched, but I still type in default language. No problems with virtual keyboard)4) How to do a drag and drop on screen? Is it any way to disable drag future to be fixes on moving whole screen? (especially when using flash applications)

5) What are the optimal pixel/size parameters for a contact avatar?

6) Is the best way to create a speed dial by dragging contacts on one of the available desktops?

Thank you

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Turin, Italy
Originally Posted by geroi View Post
1) Does n900 have talking caller id, like E90 for example?
Currently not, maybe someone could implement it in the future.

2) Can I make calendar fonts larger on desktop?
I don't know, but I supposed you can't

3) How can I switch between input languages on hardware keyboard? (CTRL+space giving me a msg that input language switched, but I still type in default language. No problems with virtual keyboard)
It works for me, selecting 2 Languages and 2 Dictionaries in the text input settings. I also checked the "Use both dictionaries" option.

PS: thank for the CTRL+space tips ;-)

4) How to do a drag and drop on screen? Is it any way to disable drag future to be fixes on moving whole screen? (especially when using flash applications)
I think drag and drop is not available on the phone, except for the widgets on the desktop.

5) What are the optimal pixel/size parameters for a contact avatar?
Nice question... hope to hear the answer from someone because I don't know it

6) Is the best way to create a speed dial by dragging contacts on one of the available desktops?
How can you drag contacts? However, AFAIK, the only way to make speed dial is through the desktop shortcut, which is not really fast considering that you have still to select the phone number to call

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HoX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
3) How can I switch between input languages on hardware keyboard? (CTRL+space giving me a msg that input language switched, but I still type in default language. No problems with virtual keyboard)
Welcome to the forum!

That's https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2501 - feel free to vote for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Thank you for you answers, I see the problem with switching languages is more then a year old.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago, IL
Originally Posted by HoX View Post
Currently not, maybe someone could implement it in the future.

I don't know, but I supposed you can't

It works for me, selecting 2 Languages and 2 Dictionaries in the text input settings. I also checked the "Use both dictionaries" option.

PS: thank for the CTRL+space tips ;-)

I think drag and drop is not available on the phone, except for the widgets on the desktop.

Nice question... hope to hear the answer from someone because I don't know it

How can you drag contacts? However, AFAIK, the only way to make speed dial is through the desktop shortcut, which is not really fast considering that you have still to select the phone number to call

Wait, am I understanding that the N900 Doesn't have caller ID?

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Chapbass View Post
Wait, am I understanding that the N900 Doesn't have caller ID?
it doesn't have talking caller ID, the phone will not tell you by voice who's calling, but it will of course show the number/name on the display.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
it doesn't have talking caller ID, the phone will not tell you by voice who's calling, but it will of course show the number/name on the display.
It is a very nice future that I missed already from my old E90, I think a quick solution will be to assign unique ring ton3es for some of the popular contacts, but having a talking caller id would be nice.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
...I think a quick solution will be to assign unique ring ton3es for some of the popular contacts...
The N900 doesn't support assigning specific ringtones to contacts either.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Unfortunately there's no option for setting individual ringtones right now. I thought there was a bug for it but can't find it.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by floffe View Post
Unfortunately there's no option for setting individual ringtones right now. I thought there was a bug for it but can't find it.
Enhancement request 5356, "Assign a ring tone and ring volume on a per-contact level"

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post: