Notices

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
My microb sometimes doesn't show the buttons on the bottom row (back, bookmark, view bookmarks, fullscreen). Also it won't turn to portrait mode. Sweeping from sides still work and tapping in fullscreen mode brings the fullscreen button etc.

Here's a screenshot:

Anybody encountered this before?

Last edited by Zas; 2010-09-25 at 21:49.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
what does sometimes mean? it seems that you might need full reflash (fw+emmc)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

By sometimes I mean its completely random. I don't know how it happens. Reboots won't fix it. Might this have anything to do with swappolube? The portrait mode won't work even when the buttons do appear.

I get this as well.
It's completely random and very occasional.
It's not that much of a problem.
It only stops if/when I open a new Microb page/page from bookmarks

As you say, this 'no button' look appears to be portrait mode stuck in landscape.

Anyway - still don't understand why they even bothered with portriat mode as it doesn't have a back button, which is very annoying as basic web browsing is impossible.

It looks like microb had reseted the portrait mode settings and also the volume button setting (forgot to say that). But the missing buttons bug is still present.

edit: but the portrait mode does have a back button..

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
i kinda like it, it makes it seems like the page is loading faster

Originally Posted by Zas View Post
My microb sometimes doesn't show the buttons on the bottom row (back, bookmark, view bookmarks, fullscreen). Also it won't turn to portrait mode. Sweeping from sides still work and tapping in fullscreen mode brings the fullscreen button etc.

Here's a screenshot:

Anybody encountered this before?
I have a few times. I believe it's a confirmed bug. I think it happens when you dont have a previous instance of the browser open and then you click a bookmark shortcut on your desktop.

Originally Posted by Zas View Post
It looks like microb had reseted the portrait mode settings and also the volume button setting (forgot to say that). But the missing buttons bug is still present.

edit: but the portrait mode does have a back button..

Ah ha!
Is that why the volume button resets itseslf.

Even though i've set it to control the volume it suddenly reverts to the zoom function.
But when you go into the settings menu it's still set to control the volume.

One of the many bugs to keep me entertained on my N900.

edit:
Oh yeah.
It does have back button in portrait mode, thats how long i haven't used it.
I was meant to say - it doesn't have a close button so that when new windows are open from a link you can't close them.

Last edited by Freekick; 2010-09-25 at 20:56.

Originally Posted by jessi3k3 View Post
I have a few times. I believe it's a confirmed bug. I think it happens when you dont have a previous instance of the browser open and then you click a bookmark shortcut on your desktop.
I always open my browser using the google widget.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread but its title is closest match to my problem:
Every few reboots MicroB forgets that I do not like it to open in fullscreen. Any fix for that? Worst 'fix' I can think of would be chmodding settings file to RO. Might be not worth it though.