Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by yabbas View Post
Also - if you're getting them manufactured - can you add one with an extra power feed please? I'm sure peeps would pay a little extra for a solution that (say) also accepted a Nokia jack style power input for >100mA USB devices.
Nice idea!

However, due to the way USB bus works, the adapter would have to contain what is essentially a one-port powered hub. It would probably add to the cost.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. Yea the idea about adding power would be nice but as it's been pointed out it simply wouldn't work; the adapter would have to act as a 1 port powered hub, which would add both size and considerable cost as I'd have to not only integrate the required components but also source the smallest parts possible and redesign the adapter housing to accommodate them. I'm actually working on another item to do exactly this, but it won't be a direct mini/micro adapter, just a regular USB male to female power injector.

Also, shipping costs would be the same as they are for the N800 adapters right now: flat rate $4 within Canada, $5 US economy (about 2 weeks), $9 US airmail (within a few days), $11 anywhere international airmail (typically a few days).

And of course if anyone's willing or interested in reselling Europe or anywhere else I could setup volume reseller options... but that didn't seem to be very popular with the N800 stuff so...

Thanks,
-Rob

Last edited by jolouis; 2008-06-19 at 19:05.

I'll take 1.

I'll definitely take one.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Winnpeg, MB, CAN
I'm in for at least one and maybe as many as three for work, home and OTG

I'll take one

Do you tether your tablet to a blackberry? Vote for Nokia to fix the DUN bug so your mobile connectivity experience improves.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Espoo, Finland
Sounds good! At least one for me.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
I'll buy one. I have an n810 and I've been looking for the last week, on-line and local, and can't find anything. I just want to plug in a USB keyboard! Why is this soooo difficult? Right now I'd happily settle for a female-female full size USB adapter, which I could connect to the Nokia supplied micro-male to USB-male cable. I could care less about the auto-host mode function, although that would be nice.

Arrg.

Steve

I'd take 3 or 4, I like to have a spare, and I plan to upgrade to the wimax so I will probably give 1 or 2 to who ever gets my current system.

I'll probably buy one, but I'd rather have something like a short 6 inch micro A male to female A pigtail. Even better would be a micro A to regular B and a micro A to mini B. I lose small things too easily.