Notices

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
I just tried the update, it seems to work OK but I only had a short list of items to test. I'll stress it more in the coming days.
Hmm... If this is not a temporary quirk, it looks like the problem is not quite solved... or has come back in disguise :-)

I just ran through a 50+ "All" list, then another 15 after a re-sync, using 3G (can't use Wifi at work because of the proxy issue :-).

I only had a couple of "skip one and go back to list" occurrences, which is not bad.

What's bad (and new) is that I've had quite a lot of "skip one and don't go back to list, just display item N+2"... which is worse in a way because if you're not paying close attention you'll miss the posts altogether !

This didn't happen before AFAIK, but the same old "rules" seem to apply :

* it happens rarely/almost never on most "simple" feeds (plain text like Delicious)

* it happens very often/almost always on content-heavy (and/or potentially malformed) feeds (like Engadget & Gizmodo).

Most of the time if you notice the "skip" you can just press "k" to go back and display the missing article. Gizmodo items are special in this regard, and the worst of the bunch, because they *also* get skipped going back ! Sometimes the only way to get at them is to go back to the list and select them directly...

It would really be easier if QWebkit got fixed :-)

PS: Hardware.fr feeds are also problematic although they're very plain ; I believe they're really malformed because even Feedly has issues with those...

EDIT: and as usual the effect is much less noticeable on Wifi. I just went through a 20+ "All" list at home : no "back-to-list" and only one "jump-to-N+2" (on Gizmodo, of course :-).

Last edited by fpp; 2010-11-11 at 16:25.

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by Twidi View Post
The offline feature ("almost" offline) is that you can launch GRead, synchronize all your feeds and you can read it offline. All read/starred/shared operations will be done when online (don't close GRead before...). But you can read (you will not have images in articles)
Kewl . As long as I remember to open GRead before I leave an access point & don't close it until after I get back online it does work quite well. Unfortunately I rarely think of it until I have a few moments while sitting offline somewhere

Ideally I would love to have an Alarmed event periodically synchronize to a local database which would then be read by GRead instead of attempting going online. Hey, I can dream, can't I?
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Russia,Moscow
Can't reinstall this awesome app after reflashing.

Fapman shows "python2.5-qt4-webkit" is missing. When I try apt-get via terminal I get the following
Code:
Nokia-N900:~# apt-get install python2.5-qt4-webkit
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  python2.5-qt4-webkit: Depends: python2.5-qt4-core (= 4.7.4-maemo0) but 4.7.5-maemo1 is to be installed
                        Depends: python2.5-qt4-network (= 4.7.4-maemo0) but it is not going to be installed
                        Depends: python2.5-qt4-dbus (= 4.7.4-maemo0) but 4.7.5-maemo1 is to be installed
E: Broken packages
Nokia-N900:~#
Any suggestions?

Hi all

I have also this login-issue. Would really like to have this app up and running as it seems very promising.

cheers
/Lunken

ops... forgot. I'm running 1.3 and power kernel on N900

On the middle I closed GRead because it keeps trying endless to enter the google account

Thanks, mate

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Paris, France
fpp : as a workaround i will catch the "release" event and not the "press" event for the navigation keys

-------------------------------

qwenjis : it seems some package are not correctly packaged

For me all the packages are available in version "4.7.5-maemo1"

Perhaps you could try to force the version :

Code:
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-webkit=4.7.5-maemo1

Architrion : could you give me the url of a feed with unicode characters you use ?

Lunken : could you try launching this way :
  • open terminal
  • type /opt/GRead/gread.py --debug
  • press enter

GRead will start.

And then when the bug occur copy/paste the terminal content here (or in PM).

grog : the full offline version is planned... "when i'll have time", but yes, i definitely want it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Twidi For This Useful Post:
For people who have the "feeds fetching could not be done" message, please go to the following url in your browser (you must be logged into your Google Reader account) and copy/paste the content in a private message, so i could try to check what the problem is :

https://www.google.com/reader/api/0/...st?output=json

(i can't have your credentials with that, just the feeds you read, but i promise i use them just for testing)

Last edited by Twidi; 2010-11-14 at 15:57. Reason: changing url

fpp : could you provide to me the url of feed with really heavy content ? because engadget/gizmodi/hardware.fr are truncated ones

For people who have the "feeds fetching could not be done" message, please go to the following url in your browser (you must be logged into your Google Reader account) and copy/paste the content in a private message, so i could try to check what the problem is :

https://www.google.com/reader/api/0/...nt?output=json
Do you mean from my laptop browser or from n900's browser?

As you want, but i think it's easier from your laptop. Remember you must be logged to your Google Reader account before (open one tab with google reader and then open the url i gave you in an other one)

fpp : could you provide to me the url of feed with really heavy content ? because engadget/gizmodi/hardware.fr are truncated ones
Note sure what you mean by "truncated", but I don't really have any heavier ones (except maybe Akihabara News, but it's low-traffic). These are the ones I have problems with...