Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Stip , Macedonia
Hi all,
first thanks for the superb work you all guys are doing here..now i have upgraded to latest kernel version maybe 5 days ago and my phone become rather non responsive on every profile i choose.
ive tried with different freq's-simply the device becomes very laggy and eventualy everything force closes it (which by the way untill now has happned only once or twice).
can somehow i diagnose and maybe fix this issues? thanks in advance.

@basarovski
probably you installed some buggy package from extras-devel, try to uninstall it in hope it have files backuped / files are able to reinstall.

make sure to NOT use baterrypatch and speedpatch. speedpatch just destroy nokia settings about software priority (sometimes it help but mostly harm). baterrypatch just swaps between two profiles and do several random things. not only it would interfere with kernel-config, but also it's incompatible with KP49 since it's default and sample profiles are much adjusted, both to have better batterry performance and it's crucial because of recent changes in kernel

@pali
recently (about a week ago) i updated KP49 beta to KP49 from extras devel. it seems to work stable, but i noticed i still have bugs related to usb networking, which may lead to reboot. also i confirm the reboot is broken still. /sbin/reboot want's to just shutdown, also when rebooting it may fail generallly or just make after-boot process crash.

I'm not complaining, just confirm the old bugs. to help diagnose them i'd share some info:
- i have busybox-power and multiboot and CSSU installed
- from behavior of multiboot while run after reboot i notice that those problems occur on different stages
- when in boot into menu after reboot from KP49 and choosen another kernel (eg. nokia stock one) the kernel could also fail (confirmed)
- when rebooted from another kernel (eg. nitdroid one) and booted into KP49 the kernel could also fail (confirmed)
- it may fail to load multiboot menu sometimes (confirmed)
- I managed to usb networking (where PC is router and PC and N900 are linked by usb cable) be able to run on stock kernel, and it occured that USB-networking-bug happenned at least once (it was the bug not plain incompability since i was able to transfer some data)
- the one above suggests it's a bug in driver, so it's not mainly related to the kernel power, but it may be a bug in driver firing a bug in KP (we had some once, and i believe it shouldn't crash the system, just break connection)

@people having problem with upgrading from KP49 beta to KP49 final
i noticed that fappman (and also probably stock application manager) don't show the option to upgrade because it thinks it's the same version.
I managed to upgrade using apt-get from commandline. I believe i used just upgrade command, but if i don't remember properly I may used install --reinstall. it has done peacefully.

@asking for help
I have the bootimg and modules from KP 48 still installed, and I'm shrinked of rootfs, even though i optified some non-crucial software by hand (and I hate maemo-browser libdir for having relative symlinks so it don't work by just moving whole directory and symlink the directory - it needed more work to be able to work).
I'm a compulsive installer wanting have all useful stuff, but you cannot enlarge rootfs, and also i don't believe KP 48 is anything better than KP 49. SO I WANT UNINSTALL KP48 AND STILL KEEP KP49. sorry for too much chattering.

EDIT: recently i installed both newest KP49 and newest CSSU and found that the startup lag (after the boot, before GUI fully loaded) decrased noticely. It may be just CSSU fixed old nokia bug, but perhaps having recent KP49 help. I feel fine with my phone and geeked it much, but i still haven't used the overclock, but i probably will once warranty voids because of time (when i would overclock it theoretically void instantly, and I bought an used N900 one so I don't want to it make itself broken because of something wrong i wan't told during the but process and have no warranty)

Last edited by majaczek; 2011-11-26 at 13:45.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to majaczek For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by majaczek View Post
@asking for help
I have the bootimg and modules from KP 48 still installed, and I'm shrinked of rootfs, even though i optified some non-crucial software by hand (and I hate maemo-browser libdir for having relative symlinks so it don't work by just moving whole directory and symlink the directory - it needed more work to be able to work).
I'm a compulsive installer wanting have all useful stuff, but you cannot enlarge rootfs, and also i don't believe KP 48 is anything better than KP 49. SO I WANT UNINSTALL KP48 AND STILL KEEP KP49. sorry for too much chattering.
OK, but where is Your problem? No irony here, I want to help, but I think you missed the actual question, or I don't understand it.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

@Estel
i found it myself too chattering too, so while noticed i wrote the actual problem in caps. I would facepalm about people quoting the text with sentence with caps, and don't find it most important if only I don't make bigger mistakes sometimes.

so to the problem: i have both KP48 and KP49 installed, where KP49 is both bootimg and flasher (i believe the flasher make it able to multiboot from partitions not supported by stock kernel, but the real reason is i had KP before I had multiboot). I want to uninstall the KP48 as i have KP49 one (so the KP48 i found myself not needed) to free rootfs space a bit. I don't know how to do this in a way that leave the KP49 intact without need to reinstall it. I believe that i have all binaries from KP48 left, not only the multiboot entry, so i ask for help.

The Following User Says Thank You to majaczek For This Useful Post:
That was clear enough, cause "I want to uninstall kp48 and install kp49, what to do?" seemed to strange question for a person with average experience (rest of Your post seemed so). Again, no mocking up.

You just need to uninstal (apt-get, button in menu, FAPMAN, whatever) kp48 multiboot, kp48 modules and flasher (it's not needed). Then, just install kp49bootimg from repositories (it will pull modules automatically). If, for some reason, your kp48 installation was screwed and You can't auto-uninstall it, extract packages that You installed, and check where file land, then delete them. don't forget about multiboot entry, too.

zImage is in /boot/multiboot.d/ - for modules, it's better to uninstall them automatically, or follow method I described in this post.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
well you didn't read previous things posted by me but maybe i wasn't clear enough
so I'll try make clear:
i have a multiboot setup which contain: omap kernel, kp48, kp49, kernel-bfs, and an nitdroid entry. that's facts.
now I believe that during installation of kp49 files from kp48 weren't removed. but maybe I am wrong and that's just junk entry.
so I believe as i don't need kp48 anymore i may free some space on rootfs, as i have 17mb after all that optifing and cleaning (my apps are hungry, but well i may need some more byhand optifing as i tend to use extras-devel without much being aware that it may contain some thing wrong - I just have almost no fear of them)

of course I could do some things from app manager (either builtin or fapman) but those are instances of same package (with different version) and I believe i have leftovers.

well thankfully you are gentle, so not much stress on my side, and I'm commonly beeing taken as noob or troll perhaps because not precise conversation, even in my mother-tongue. Thank for helpfull attitude (some other people tends to don't want to know that something is different and tend to just throw junk answers as they think it obviously isn't and think I done some obvious thing wrong - eg. on anime forum i was asking for several episodes by names, and they say it's everywhere just search (by less gentle words), where episode numbers (the most common way to search) were returning corrupted answers as almost everywhere under that number were previous or next episode, perhaps because broken source, nad i haven't managed to find them - some people do tend troll about being a troll, because they think something obvious and don't check they not)

so thanks you were gentle, helpful and supporting, and for your warm welcome (I really appreciate it). and where I'm unclear (my fault of sharing information or questions) just ask and i would precise more.

hi,

would someone please test if charging the phone with the FM transmitter running(ie. on) is still possible? My N900 appears to loss this ability after moving up to KP49. Please re-direct if I am in the wrong thread.

thanks

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@majaczek - KP bug when device cannot be powered on/off with charger connected should be fixed in next version.

@Estel - do you have busybox-power installed?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
I'm getting problems with playing hd videos if i enable VDD2. With enabled VDD2 videos doesn't play smoothly.
My kernel-config is in attached file..
Attached Images

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
hello,

i am on dsp profile with 250-805 range..sr_vdd1 and sr_vdd2 both are enabled...everything's working good but sometimes when i check in xterm (kernel-config show), the minimum freq has gone back to 125 .. strange and i've to reload dsp profile..

ps..i am not using any sort of magic patches or battery patch or swappolube or things like that..only kp 49 and freemangordon's patches and camera-ui...and yeah it happens sometimes..

is anyone facing similar problem..?
if somebody knows kindly please help me...

thanks..

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou