Notices

Thank you for your work, I am very excited about this!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marclais For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'm not sure what

"- Draws will be assigned whenever there is a reglamentary chance to assign one." means,

but draws on FICS don't take place until one side or the other claims the draw in the case of a threefold repetition of position, there is nothing automatic about it. Draws do occur automatically in the case of stalemate or time running out when the side with a win on time doesn't have any material.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
This case about the automatic draws is for the current phase, which is all about playing offline. By making these assumption we will probably save some extra dialogs.

Dealing properly with draw requests belongs to online games in the next phase. We will see then what is the reasonable approach saving us wok without making us loosing 1/2 points just because Miniature puts you in a draw when you don't want it.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
http://wiki.maemo.org/Miniature updated with list of features of v0.1-1, current screenshots and mockup.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Great to see this project progressing so quickly!

i just stumbled upon something in the german wikipedia (the english article doesn't have a similar entry) concernnig chess etiquette. i haven't read anything about it here so i thought i'd mention it: it would make sense to limit the amounts of draw offers a player can make during a game (or during a certain timespan, say 3 times every 5 minutes?), to avoid people "spamming" their opponents with draw requests when they are about to loose.

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Tomorrow I have a presentation at http://maemo.org/news/events/copenhagen_qt_training/ and Miniature will have its 5 minutes of fame as test case of Qt 4.6 and maemo.org development infrastructure (including this humble thread).

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Hi, the Miniature project keeps running at an impressive pace!
Hehe, thanks! Though currently we are blocking on the logic unit

Miniature had its 5 minutes of glory in the Maemo Developers @ Copenhagen.

I used the latst vesion in extras-devel and it didn't crash. But didn't play proper chess either... Ah, well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
By the way, are you aware that Miniature is available for Ubuntu now?

https://launchpad.net/~michael-hasse...hive/miniature

mikhas is unstoppable!

Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
Hey, are you still looking for designers? PM me with information I might be interested.

Also, good luck with this project.

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lacedaemon For This Useful Post:

Tags
chess, fremantle, miniature