Active Topics

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Romania
Just great, now that that we have the app, it's not working anymore. Apparently the F1 servers changed something, now there are separate hosts for authentication and timing stream. There is a solution here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/live-f1/+bug/997847.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
yes, I'm applying the same fix and releasing update asap.

PS. and now 1.0.0 seems to work again, so it was just problem in F1 backend.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-05-11 at 13:31.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Romania
It's working again now, but who knows for how long. It seems that FOM is making some changes, I noticed some slight differences in the Java applet.

^^Hard to get screencap cause live-f1 kind of crash after "login"... In first practice i got "Internal Server Error" in login... - I'll try later...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Originally Posted by vlad_dracul View Post
It's working again now, but who knows for how long. It seems that FOM is making some changes, I noticed some slight differences in the Java applet.
yep they might change things, as a precaution Im pushing 1.0.1 version to ovi store, in that way we have secondary way to login if we have problems. And I'll soon make 1.0.2 where you can choose against which server to authenticate, that way app should work even if one of the servers are down....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
I just pushed 1.0.1 update to ovi store which adds http vs https login buttons, that way we hopefully get the live stream even if one server is down. Will will take some time for the update go through QA though.

Can you add support for showing the car's fuel level?

Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
Can you add support for showing the car's fuel level?
You are very funny...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Thank you for this nice app.

It's working fine right now during the race.

My only complaint would be the font size is too small when at a level that allows all data to be shown on screen.

Could you add a zoom-level that horizontally shows all data up to and including pitstop as an option? I wouldn't really mind to have to scroll up and down a bit and not seeing the weather data without scrolling sideways. Being able to read the text better at arms length away would be a big plus though.

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
I'd buy very happily this app (even if I'd appreciate a better looking icon, will try to gimp up something and post it if I can create something visually bearable :P ).

But first I absolutely need to know if this works over 3G connection. I have wifi at home, but I also have a PC and official F1 live timing webapp, so I don't really need it here. I will need it in a month or so when I'll be on the go. I've seen some comments on Ovi Store saying that it's only working over wifi, but you can never trust Ovi comments :P

EDIT:
I also see from the screenshot that the app only displays timing (which is more than enough) but the java webapp shows also a little, not really useful, but fun to have commentary to the race events (like drive-through to John Doe for making too much noise in front of Bernie Ecclestone golden seat, etc.)
Is there a chance to implement that too? Just wondering, I've read that this is simply a port of another app, but if it's possibile to implement it there, maybe it can be ported here too.

Last edited by Watchmaker; 2012-05-13 at 14:17.