Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
... the R380, the ....
OMG, you just made my day. The R380, what a phone...

Still bummed they stole it from me.... what, 12 years ago?

Thanx for the memories!

PS. I was so pissed when Sony and Ericsson merged. It reminds me a bit of the whole Nokia & M$ deal. Why do outsiders always ruin/stop/derail/hamper Scandinavian innovation? /off topic

Last edited by zlatokosi; 2013-03-18 at 20:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone going to buy this beast?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Anyone going to buy this beast?
I think yes. I may wait for the 8-core model and also may wait for the Tizen version of the same hardware.

I use multitaskin in Galaxy S3 so much, I have noticed, increasing RAM fro 1 GB to 2 GB would help, so S4 is a good choice.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
SGS4 with Tizen would be Awsome...Im with you on that one.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Malaysia
so......can anyone port the maemo 5 into samsung galaxy s3? that would be great...

If Samsung gets its Tizen right, it is easier to port Maemo applications then to Tizen. Lets see.

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
If Samsung gets its Tizen right, it is easier to port Maemo applications then to Tizen. Lets see.
I'm not follow you on that one(might be my limited english skill ). Why would it be. What do you mean right? you wont be able to run maemo application on tizen? why not port them to tizen If you run tizen?

I meant, it probably will be easier to port (or just run) Maemo applications to Tizen than port whole Maemo 5 to S3 as aizudean asked. And I believe, Samsung may provide Tizen to S3 also.

I doubt Samsung will "provide Tizen" to any of its devices or its competitors.

Any Tizen device are devices either sold directly from Samsung, or are ported through community efforts.

It won't be possible to port Maemo5 to any devices, Mer is your option.
Though technically its possible, the likelihood of this is slim. You might see Tizen get ported to the N9 though.

I doubt any Apps from Maemo5/6/etc will be ported to Tizen. I just don't see Tizen becoming anything different to the Bada-debacle.

I'm flattered

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Furthermore, to illustrate:

There is always a delay!

From when you touch the device → make a gesture (tap/swipe) → the touchscreen detects the touch → the touchscreen (does some processing) → and forwards the data (total >60ms)

→ the central processing unit receives the data → it munches through the data sending it through different channels in the software → the central processing unit induces a response (total >10ms)

→ the response goes to the proper destination (ie screen) → user sees the response happening (total >10ms).

(Grand Total >80ms)
If anybody remembers that comment, as well as this one:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=49

Here a team tried to calculate response times between several handsets. As you know the latest iOS came out on top, followed by the now-aging iPhone 4. Then followed by the top Android device at the moment (SGS4). Which was followed closely by the competitors (other Android devices, Nokia Lumia/WP8 device).

I want to see their follow on test, when they try it again on Android using a natively coded (C/C++) App. If the results are close enough to those of the regular Java App, then it will conclude two things we already know.

First is, Java is inferior but has closed the gap on C++ in certain fields.
The second is, the touch screen sensor is the bottleneck for latency in current devices.

For the next Note/GalaxyS I'd advise Samsung to use faster and more capable touch screen sensors to compete against Apple.

The good thing about this, now that its out in the open, manufacturers might take a step back from the lame spec war (ie dick measuring contest) and actually begin to bump up the overall quality of their devices.

http://appglimpse.com/blog/touchmark...een-latencies/

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:

Tags
8-core, s-translator