Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bangalore
Hi,

Is it possible to stream Music from PC to N900?? ...
Usecase: When Im at Office I can play Music on my PC which I would like to route to my N900 through Bluetooth.

Thanks!

Hi..I too need this info...

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by vshivakumar1498 View Post
Hi,

Is it possible to stream Music from PC to N900?? ...
Usecase: When Im at Office I can play Music on my PC which I would like to route to my N900 through Bluetooth.

Thanks!
I don't know if it is possible to achive using bluetooth, but it certainly is possible in an ad-hoc envirement. That is if you have a spare wifi card in your pc. I assume that N900 can't(not allowed) to join to the same network or UPnP is restricted by network cofiguration.

yep i do this a lot - i have a belkin usb bt dongle (the tiny one) that exposes a headset profile (widcomm stack iirc, might be some other profile) - just turn on bluetooth and connect from the pc - simples!

also is a nice way to get sound when vncing into the n900 over bluetooth pan! hth

--- Edit ---
ooh you want it the other way... not sure.. there may be a profile for that in bluez but im not sure - buy a bluetooth headset? ive got a pair of ht820's which do the trick- they remember multiple pairings too so no faffing around repairing every time

Last edited by fusi; 2011-05-09 at 04:55.