Notices

A new version - 1maemo3 - has been released. Currently it is in the Extras-devel repository. Please test and report back.

The new version includes two new patches: one heavily-reworked patch from some forum by a guy named X-Stranger which adds file coloring groups, and one patch from me which increases a bit the speed for reading very large directories (thousands of files). I hope the usage of file coloring groups is obvious, you can find the settings in the Options->file Highlighting menu.

Catalog name: maemo Extras-devel
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/
Components: user

After app manager refreshes the package list, you should get a popup that a new version of mc available. In the event you get updates for other packages too, do not update them unless you want to test the new, possibly buggy, versions of that package -- extras-devel is only for testing/evaluation, not for stable use. After you upgrade mc, I recommend to disable Maemo-devel for normal usage, and enable it only when you explicitly want to test some package from -devel.

770 users (gregale) can find my build in the gregale-extras repository. I just realized that I forgot to upload the 'file' package to gregale-extras, so install it manually first (if not installed already), the URL is in the posts above, or wait until I'll upload it to gregale-extras.

I've updated the screenshot on the first page, but you'll have to refresh the image because the URL is the same.

Last edited by anpaza; 2008-07-23 at 08:25.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Hi.

I noticed MC isn't optified. I also noticed that most of the meat is in localized help files, MB worth. There are other files, like /usr/share/locales/es/LC_MESSAGES that I don't think I'll be using. Are those OK to delete?

I know it's not recommended, but it would still work, right? I promise to uninstall and reinstall instead of upgrade, would that work? Would moving them off the root without symlinks still work so they can be moved back?

I count almost 2 MB in l10n. On such a tight device, it could count.

Oh, and, is /syntax/ the highlighting? Can that go if I don't use PHP highlighting?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
It works, in case anyone wonders, installation dropped from 6M to under a few hundred K. Also, even though I have a backup, no linking was done, the syntax large files and the localizations were moved manually. No side effects.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Guys, how do I install MC for Maemo5? Which repository is it available in?
Thanks.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Extras-devel and it was not optified the last I checked.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
The Midnight Commander (MC) in Diablo Extras will not install. Where else can I go to download this app for my N800?

Edited: Reinstalled on 08/01/10 from Extras for Diablo and it installed.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2010-08-02 at 13:01.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Made a mistake and hit the wrong button in MC and now my browser dont show the last sites I visited but it says
[Settings]
respui=true
noembed=true
backisback=true

anybody know how I can set it back to normal?
Attached Images

Last edited by Hotshot; 2010-07-19 at 04:25. Reason: Added screenshot

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
False alarm I think it just wiped it not mess anything up.

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
When I try to enter into an archive fille (zip deb rar etc...) I always recieve this error message, but the archive handle binaries are in that directory!
Attached Images

I have very weird problem with my MC after last update.
The problems is: enter key stopped working. I cannot confirm, move through directories in other way than tapping the screen, nothing. On the other start cursors stopped working too. What the?
I figured out that I need to reconfig keys in the keyconfig menu - pressing cursor keys and enter, then saving, makes them work - for this single run. I close mc, this is lost and I have to reconfig keys again. What the... any help?
Note: I DO save settings! But it's all the same...