I accidentally dropped my N900 in my car, and the LCD screen rough edge of my car seat. phone was still working, but the LCD back light is not, and I can see the crack on the LCD screen.

Anyway, after reading some posts here, I am afraid that it will take month for me to get my N900 repaired, and holiday is coming, it will be so inconvenient not having my N900 around.

so I filled the online repair form on 11/18/2010, and got everything ready in the envelop. Since I have to work on Friday, so I stopped at post office on Saturday (11/20/2010). I thought it will take a week for me to get the first response, but guess what, I got the first non-reply email on 11/23/2010 (That was quick, I thought. ), saying that my package has been received and it will take about 7-10 days to turn around.

But something more surprising is I got second email the next day, but the time-stamp of the email is still 11/23/2010, saying that my N900 has been sent to me. The email did not tell me if my device was fixed or not, nada.

And today (11/27/2010), I received my N900 in my mailbox, everything is fixed, and feels great to hold it again.

I just think the repair is so fast, though it would be better if they told me that my unit was fixed in the second email so I wold not worry too much.

Anyway, Nice weekend to all of you, I am a happy man now.

dont mean to be funny, but presumably you have checked that they have actually repaired your phone and not "replaced" it. the imei should confirm it...

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
its always down to wether they have the parts in stock, i took my n97 in last year and the guy said he would have fixed it within an hour if he had the part, unfortunately it took 28 days to get my phone back, who did your repair by the way? they should get some credit here

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
As leetut said its mostly related to their inventory , changing a broken screen can be done in 10-15 minutes anyways glad you have your phone back

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by riverus View Post
I accidentally dropped my N900 in my car, and the LCD screen rough edge of my car seat. phone was still working, but the LCD back light is not, and I can see the crack on the LCD screen.

Anyway, after reading some posts here, I am afraid that it will take month for me to get my N900 repaired, and holiday is coming, it will be so inconvenient not having my N900 around.

so I filled the online repair form on 11/18/2010, and got everything ready in the envelop. Since I have to work on Friday, so I stopped at post office on Saturday (11/20/2010). I thought it will take a week for me to get the first response, but guess what, I got the first non-reply email on 11/23/2010 (That was quick, I thought. ), saying that my package has been received and it will take about 7-10 days to turn around.

But something more surprising is I got second email the next day, but the time-stamp of the email is still 11/23/2010, saying that my N900 has been sent to me. The email did not tell me if my device was fixed or not, nada.

And today (11/27/2010), I received my N900 in my mailbox, everything is fixed, and feels great to hold it again.

I just think the repair is so fast, though it would be better if they told me that my unit was fixed in the second email so I wold not worry too much.

Anyway, Nice weekend to all of you, I am a happy man now.
What did this cost?
(If I may be so rude as to ask. )

SLN member # 009

Yeah im curious too wut did it cost...and also where did u get the repair form from???

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
My experience has been they fix it and turn around from dropping it off at the post office to putting the SIM back in it is 7 days using PALCO. I've had 6263, 5800 and N900 all turn around in this manner in the last year or so. In the instances of the 5800 they replaced it because v 40 screwed it up big time. The other two were repairs. The N900 got a new LCD, the 6263 got several parts.

The cost was for initial postage. Two times they sent a $10.00 Visa card to cover that. In each case the repair form was available at this link.

Last edited by tzsm98; 2010-11-28 at 02:03. Reason: answer questions asked in other posts.

Originally Posted by tzsm98 View Post
My experience has been they fix it and turn around from dropping it off at the post office to putting the SIM back in it is 7 days using PALCO. I've had 6263, 5800 and N900 all turn around in this manner in the last year or so. In the instances of the 5800 they replaced it because v 40 screwed it up big time. The other two were repairs. The N900 got a new LCD, the 6263 got several parts.

The cost was for initial postage. Two times they sent a $10.00 Visa card to cover that. In each case the repair form was available at this link.
I got the LCD replaced with no cost, of course I paid the initial shipping fee when I sent my phone. Seems like they even covered all your shipping fees, that is sweet.

Anyway, my post is just want to say that I am happy about the way they handled my device.

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
What did this cost?
(If I may be so rude as to ask. )
my N900 is still under warranty, so there is no cost except the shipping fee I paid to send my device. (about $3 through USPS)

[DELETED]
Did not really needed to rant on two post about same thing.

Last edited by somedude; 2010-11-29 at 21:03.