hi everyone..i just need anyone to help me at these deep crisis of mine,first of all i have a n900 with the last firm update,everything is goin fine for a while,but after few days i was just on app manager,and i try to download a programe called ''nokia data gathering" or smth like that..but during the install smth goes wrong i think..the install just stucked at 12% and the phone is no longer response to anything,after a while..the n900 just response very slowley..so i tried to close the app.manager,after that i restart my phone coz its really being to be slow..not by any programe runs in the background or anything..its that feeling when you runing a download at the background,so i restart the phone..and when i restart it..only the nokia logo appers and this "installing software..please wait 12%" and then it stucked at this,and then the phone is no longer working,charging,or just feeling that it is connected to the usb or a pc,or even flashing it..i tried all the known & unknown methods to repairing it or just flashing it..but it just completley dead..no response for anything,someone just told me that it is a battery issue,that it is not working well or dead or smth like that..so plzz if anyone have the same problem or even know what to do in this cause or just wanted to help me in this case..so he is welcome to share me here..and i'll be very gratfull thankss guys,,

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
I tried to understand your dilema.... I really did.

It seems I need some extra help reading the first sentence in your post.

SLN member # 009

''nokia data gathering"
I've never come across this. Next time install rootsh and faster application manager, and after that, never use the default app man again - it blows hard.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Nokia Data Gathering, it's in Extras-Devel; been there since November. Am I the only one who actually occasionally reads through the entire list of available uninstalled programs that the app manager shows?

Anyway, it basically looks like it's an app for using your N900(/possible other device, not sure) as a survey taking tool - it downloads surveys and uploads responses to/from some server. I don't know how customizable it is though, so I don't know what the full range of stuff it can do is. (I'm too lazy to dig up the app's garage page, if it has one.)

But no, I don't personally use it or know the solution for this problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
That thing bricked my phone last night. Had to reflash it.

See here: https://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

Hope you have a decent backup.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moodswinger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
For the possible battery problem, it would be handy to have a battery that you know is fully charged. Since your N900 is not working well, you probably need either a friend who can charge the battery or you could buy a separate charger for $10 or so.

When you know you have a fully charged battery, you will probably be able to reflash, a useful thing to know how to do.

Another option is to call Nokia about this and beg them to help.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by moodswinger View Post
That thing bricked my phone last night. Had to reflash it.

See here: https://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

Hope you have a decent backup.
thanks man..but my n900 cant even charge or see that an usb has been connected to it or to the pc,so..how can i reflash it!!

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
I tried to understand your dilema.... I really did.

It seems I need some extra help reading the first sentence in your post.
Thankss for your very useful reply..

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Nokia Data Gathering, it's in Extras-Devel; been there since November. Am I the only one who actually occasionally reads through the entire list of available uninstalled programs that the app manager shows?

Anyway, it basically looks like it's an app for using your N900(/possible other device, not sure) as a survey taking tool - it downloads surveys and uploads responses to/from some server. I don't know how customizable it is though, so I don't know what the full range of stuff it can do is. (I'm too lazy to dig up the app's garage page, if it has one.)

But no, I don't personally use it or know the solution for this problem.
http://www.nokia.com/corporate-respo...ng/english/faq

"...What is Nokia Data Gathering?
Nokia Data Gathering is a software system that enables data collection on mobile devices and the delivery of results for analysis in near real time.

Why has Nokia developed Nokia Data Gathering?
Nokia developed the system in response to requests from public, private, and non-governmental organizations for solutions to be used for rapid and accurate collection of data from field research. Nokia Data Gathering is part of our involvement in communities around the world to enhance quality of life and stimulate social and economic development using mobile technologies.

How does Nokia Data Gathering work?
Nokia Data Gathering includes the creation of customized questionnaires, their delivery to mobile phones, actual data gathering using these devices, sending responses back to the server using a wireless network and the subsequent integration and analysis of results. The system also provides GPS location information for each record, which would otherwise require dedicated instruments..."

"The Cake Is A Lie"

The Following User Says Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post: