Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I want a 5" maemo harmattan tablet not a ****ing w8 crap 10" tablet. elop will FAIL
Why not install your favorite desktop linux dist if that is possible and I think it is and you are getting an expensive linux tablet?

You don't know ELOP's goal so you can't now if he fails or succeed.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Why do you all look at the hw level. To me the biggest and most important change is the runtime x86 and software.

This is just the first step. You just need the tablet when go to work,... Vacation... Everywhere. do you need a heavy laptop? No need..

You can install dual boot with different OS. You develop,compile,run applications . Qt as an example as well as. Net. . You have more choices than with a maemo tablet? Not. That I wouldn't love a maemo tablet. But still...
As long as the x86 tablet does not come with win8 pre-installed, I would be happy too.

Sadly MS are playing there "trump card" with the UEFI secure boot to prevent any malware (ie linux, bsd, WINDOWS pre7 or anyOS) from being installed on the device.

Heck, even removing that bloody OS and all traces of its damn bootloader from my win7 dualboot resulted in a full format of my HDD :\

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
The x86 is a netbook basically or a a small ultrabook, and the RT is whatever it is, netbook light perhaps / tablet? IMO the x86 will be expensive, more like a ultrabook. Looks kind of cool though and the keyboard looks cool as well.

I don't care though, I'm getting the Asus Nexus Tablet : http://www.gsmarena.com/the_nexus_ta...-news-4410.php

7 inch quad core, stock Android

The Following User Says Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Great price. But I will laugh at you when you are running angry birds and other "simple" apps while I'm running photoshop, eclipse and stuff

I don't see how attaching a flat touch keyboard to a tiny 10" screen makes this an ultrabook competitor. Moreover you cannot use it in "keyboard-mode" on anything but a flat surface.

For a tablet its probably too heavy.

IMO a niche product.

Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
I don't see how attaching a flat touch keyboard to a tiny 10" screen makes this an ultrabook competitor. Moreover you cannot use it in "keyboard-mode" on anything but a flat surface.

For a tablet its probably too heavy.

IMO a niche product.
Maybe, but the same can be said for every single Tablet. The Surface looks downright cool, it's something people urge to get their hands on because: 1- It looks right, looks cool. 2- it is filled to the rim with possibilities. The Surface smells success from a long way IMO.

because it runs windows, the most used OS in the world by businesses, i think it will be successful. microsoft has finally used one of their greatest asset to combat android and apple in the tablet market.

if it runs x86 apps (LOB apps for enterprises), it will be even more well received. even being able to run a browser (which it does) will be good because some LOB apps are web-based.

i'd have to concede that MS is doing the right thing here.

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Android 10%
IPAD 24 %
Windows 65%
Others 1%

Worldwide tablet market shares 2 years from now.

Android 10%
IPAD 24 %
Windows 65%
Others 1%

Worldwide tablet market shares 2 years from now. It all depends on when Ipad4 comes out and if it's still a mobile OS or a real OSX tablet, if. That happens you candidate add 20% more to apple.

Wtf: edit post created a new user post

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-06-20 at 06:52.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I want a 5" maemo harmattan tablet not a ****ing w8 crap 10" tablet. elop will FAIL
me,me,me,me. I want this,I want that.
you are living in the past. Get real and dont post your crappy posts in all treads. Why not add value to the threads instead.

I would also like a 5" maemo tablet and other things too. But its a deadend so get real. Please.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
just_a_fad, success!, ubertablet, vaporware, who gives a sht