Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I think we agree on one thing. Jolla is not ready for prime time

Neither is your beloved Lumia

edit(sorry replying quickly not to bump troll thread, but he seems to be running out of complaints once his own hit him in the face, maybe move to off-topic to not bump Active threads? My bad)

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
This goes to all in this thread!

Love all your negativity. Like you trying to convince yourself and others that your choice is the only one by saying others bad, Worse and or worst. Focus on what new and cool. All bring great things to the table. You are like kids where only one way goes. Even my comments seems smart in regards to yours. Please step up and...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Dave you do seem non-trollish when compared to Lumiaman (smart? this is for another thread maybe?), still not really a compliment, sorry, nothing personal

I would say in the past 4 months Windows Phone app store and platform has truly changed from being the number 3 because it happened to be in the spot after downfall of BB and Symbian, to truly being the 3rd app store.

I prefer modern UI over iOS, though iOS the best app store of any. Looking to upgrade my Lumia 920 somewhere in Q1 to iPhone 5S or the next Windows Phone flagship.

Just to be clear, this is specially nitpicking thread, I could write 3x longer post than the starting one with things I like (camera, OIS, responsivity... the list is quite long), but seeing Lumiaman derailing thread with absurd in the other interesting thread was a bit too much

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
WP has the best email client hands down.
We've been through this before, and the gaping flaws with the WP8 email client that were pointed out to you - and you were uab le to defend any of them, preferring in fact to change the subject.

I'm pleased for you that you like it - but it certainly isn't "the best email client hands down"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Face the truth. Jolla phone is a step backward. There is no place for beta OSs anymore

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
That's what I thought, too. Today I installed Windows 8.1, just to check if it still freaks me out as much as Win8 did. Right after installation I got 500MB of updates to download. I'd say that Microsoft really works on the OS, but still if it needs so much to be updated I say it's a beta. And hell it freaks me out a lot.

As for WP8, well, used it for 6months. It's boring and uncustomizable but it works. Oh, and thank God for that great email app, I can't live without it right now, But seriously, I've never seen an OS with so much wasted space in the UI, really, pick contacts for example, such a small part of a screen is dedicated to show my contacts and scroll them. What? Scroll them? You mean there is no smart dialing? There isn't. Oh, you wanted to set your ID to private? Poor you, you can't.
I traded my Lumia 920 for N9, at least now my battery doesn't die on me in the middle of the day (3pm).

I'm not saying that Fremantle, Harmattan, Sailfish are best OSes, they're not. I'm just saying that neither is WP, Android and iOS. They are all crap. The way I see it: WP - you just don't want Android and iOS and you have never heard about Jolla. iOS - you got plenty of money and want useless expensive apps. Android - you're a true geek now, have 128 core and 64GB of ram and 6" screen, you're king now. Maemo - true geek or in need of hardware keyboard. Harmattan - Nice looking phone, very pleasant to use OS, you know what you want. Jolla - Harmattan is getting old and works slowly. Symbian - probably the most stable and reliable OS, few apps, many important features already implemented in the OS. You buy it and never enter the store, cause you don't have to.

Last edited by szymeczek34; 2013-11-30 at 00:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szymeczek34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
I find people discussing email clients really amusing. I use email on my computer, and nothing else. A lot of newsletters I read definitely do not work on anything smaller then a laptop screen, henceforth why I needn't use a mobile device to read emails when I have a laptop with me almost 24/7.

The Following User Says Thank You to DJJonosound For This Useful Post: