My phone worked fine for about a month then all of the sudden I would notice the red slash data icon showing that there was no cell data even though I would have a strong signal and 2,2.5 or even 3G. I thought this was just a data issue but then I realized that I was missing calls and if I try to make a call I just get an error and it can't make the call. If I reboot the phone everything is fine for a while and then it happens again. Sometimes a few hours later but usually after about a day. I am using T-Mobile and if I put the sim card into my iphone it works fine and this doesn't happen.

I tried flashing the phone but even with a clean install it is still happening. Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem? I am thinking I need to send it back to Nokia but since it is a problem that takes a while to manifest I am thinking I may get the run around.

Thanks,
Jess

I have a similar problem, I'm on AT&T (i'm cheap and have a $15 dumbphone data plan) and using CSSU. Every once in a while I'll even stop getting cellular service completely (in the middle of DC in a place I've been before). I always blame AT&T but it's interesting to see it happen to someone else.

My experience is similar, however the problem only occurs when trying to acces my operator's menu (#123#) on Orange France, error shows 'Cellular data not available' even though I have full signal. Reboot is a temporary fix. Data, calls and sms work fine.

Not running CSSU.

EDIT: Clarification: actually, the error I'm getting is 'cellular network not available'

Last edited by martin-357; 2011-04-18 at 22:00.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by JessH View Post
My phone worked fine for about a month then all of the sudden I would notice the red slash data icon showing that there was no cell data even though I would have a strong signal and 2,2.5 or even 3G. I thought this was just a data issue but then I realized that I was missing calls and if I try to make a call I just get an error and it can't make the call. If I reboot the phone everything is fine for a while and then it happens again. Sometimes a few hours later but usually after about a day. I am using T-Mobile and if I put the sim card into my iphone it works fine and this doesn't happen.

I tried flashing the phone but even with a clean install it is still happening. Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem? I am thinking I need to send it back to Nokia but since it is a problem that takes a while to manifest I am thinking I may get the run around.

Thanks,
Jess
I had exactly the same problem which got worse over time. Nokia 'care' attempted to 'repair' it (ie, they just flashed it) twice before replacing it.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ CA, USA
Had a similar problem a while back...only difference is rebooting never fixed it. Soon after that post, for some reason, everything started working and the problem hasn't reoccurred since .