I finally got around to using DVD Catalyst last week, and the movie looked great on the N810. However, I notice, that both sides were cut off, so I couldn't read all the letters that were in the credits when the movie first started. Is there someway around that?
Thanks

Thank you for using DVD Catalyst.

I'm the developer, Mitch, and decided to register to reply to your post and others here in regards of the software. For the Admins (and everyone else) I am not here to advertise.

[QUOTE=Katuzo;265494However, I notice, that both sides were cut off, so I couldn't read all the letters that were in the credits when the movie first started. Is there someway around that?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

To answer your question,
DVD Catalyst has 3 different settings for automatic black bar removal, which can be found in Global Settings > Conversion, or if you are using 3.85, it's in Global Settings > Borders.

Please have a look on the dvdcat website for a detailed post (blog section) about black bar removal I wrote up a few days ago. It includes screenshots and details on how to make video full screen and such.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by tools4movies View Post
Thank you for using DVD Catalyst.

I'm the developer, Mitch, and decided to register to reply to your post and others here in regards of the software. For the Admins (and everyone else) I am not here to advertise.
Tools4movies, an easy way to monitor any new post on this thread is by selecting "Thread Tools" at the top of the page, then "Subscribe to this thread", then select "instant notification by email".

I subscribe to this thead and am interested in anything you have to say about DVD Catalyst 3.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
I subscribed to the thread. On a different (Droid) forum the thread automatically subscribed when you reply, I figured it would be the same here.

As for comments, I could write a couple of posts, but it would come over more as advertising than anything people would like to read. Since this is my second post, I rather answer questions for the time being than to start new topics.

I just did a seach for "catalyst" and am going through the threads that appeared.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by tools4movies View Post
I subscribed to the thread. On a different (Droid) forum the thread automatically subscribed when you reply, I figured it would be the same here.

As for comments, I could write a couple of posts, but it would come over more as advertising than anything people would like to read. Since this is my second post, I rather answer questions for the time being than to start new topics.

I just did a seach for "catalyst" and am going through the threads that appeared.
I understand your point on not over posting. It's just comforting to know that if we have any questions or problems, we can add to this thread. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
I understand your point on not over posting. It's just comforting to know that if we have any questions or problems, we can add to this thread. Thanks!
I have had issues on one forum (iLounge) in the past where they banned me because I was trying to help people with questions there.
Someone asked for a DVD conversion app, I mentioned 5 competitors and my own product, and my account was blocked. Ever since I stayed away from forums unti a few months ago I noticed a lot of activity in regards of my app on droidforums.net. I figured I'd try again and see how it goes. They kept me quite busy there so I'm on a postcount of 400 or so now.

I just finished going through most of the threads I found, and it sure brings back memories. Quite a few posts in regards of v1 and v2 and the early versions of v3.

Anyway, if there are any questions, requests or suggestions, just let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to tools4movies For This Useful Post:

Tags
dvd convertor, video media