Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It may be just me, but I preferred the old icon
I'm up for suggestions; as I may have mentioned before, my artistic skills are near zero.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Version 0.3.2 of Orecchiette is now working its way up to extras-devel. This version now registers itself as a "media player" in Maemo using the "libplayback" api. Among other things, this allows it to continue playing audio (using any audio playback mechanism) even when the phone is in "silent mode".

The amount of documentation for libplayback is underwhelming, and the api itself is a bit cumbersome. So, while I think I got everything right, and my testing looks good, I can't say with 100% certainty that everything will work perfectly for you. If you do have problems with the app, please let me know! Thanks.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Talking about documentation, Orecchiette inline documentation could do with some updating. There is nothing in there about the AAC settings

Oh, and another suggestion. In the Settings (or is it Preferences? can't remember now and cannot check), I suggest hiding the AAC settings section when the audio format is set to WAV.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Just a quick thought I had today while playing with this.
Should Pause and Stop buttons be disabled if nothing is playing or recording?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Just a quick thought I had today while playing with this.
Should Pause and Stop buttons be disabled if nothing is playing or recording?
Ah, that would make sense! (Orecchiette really does deserve a lot more effort than I've been able to give it...) I'll see if I can add that in asap...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dubai, U.A.E.
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
I'm up for suggestions; as I may have mentioned before, my artistic skills are near zero.
need sme help with the icon??

The Following User Says Thank You to BlazingBird For This Useful Post:
Hi folks! Version 0.3.3 of Orecchiette is on the way up to Extras-Devel. This is just a little update to include the UI improvements mentioned above; the Pause and Stop buttons should now be disabled whenever there is nothing to pause or to stop. Also, the AAC parameters should now be grayed out if the current audio encoding format is not AAC.

Originally Posted by BlazingBird View Post
need sme help with the icon??
I believe I already mentioned before that Orecchiette could use all the help it could get. I am going to continue to educate myself in the mysteries of icon creation, but if you can produce an icon that the folks here all like, please do so!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
hey Copernicus. thanks for this great app

i'm using 0.3.3 version - just upgraded from version 0.2.0 which was working great for calls recordings.
after the upgrade, it doesn't work anymore - i'm getting the following error when it tries to start the recording:

Error: [speakerSource]: Failed to connect stream: No such entity pulsesrc.c(994). gst_pulsesrc_prepare(): /GstPipeline: finalPipe/GstPulseSrc:speakerSource

i tried the recording in both Mic and speaker and Mic only modes. audio encoding set to default without changes (AAC, 128kbit), video is set to none.

Any idea?

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
Error: [speakerSource]: Failed to connect stream: No such entity pulsesrc.c(994). gst_pulsesrc_prepare(): /GstPipeline: finalPipe/GstPulseSrc:speakerSource
Hmm. I did make some fairly minor changes to the GStreamer pipeline creation code, but only to clean it up a bit, not to actually change the pipeline being created. And yeah, I'm not seeing this error when I record audio.

The entity "speakerSource" is what I'm calling the audio being piped out to the speaker. But this object should not even be created if you only choose input from the microphone...

At first, I thought to ask you if your PulseAudio library was changed in some way, but PulseAudio shouldn't even know the name "speakerSource" if Orecchiette is in Mic only mode. So, something is definitely going wrong within Orecchiette itself here. Let me poke around in the code a bit, maybe I've messed up some settings somewhere...

EDIT: Yikes, got some signals crossed in the Bluetooth-support code! Are you perhaps using Bluetooth on your device? (In any case, I'll get a fix out asap...)

EDIT 2: Does this error also occur for phone calls? (The bug I found did not apply to the GStreamer pipeline used when automatically recording phone calls...)

EDIT 3: Orecchiette 0.3.4 now moving up to extras-devel. Fingers crossed that this will get things working a little better...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2015-07-11 at 12:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
bluetooth is on generally, but i am not connected to anything while talking.

actually - the problem happens ONLY for phone calls recording, not when i activate it manually - pressing the record button manually seems to work ok.

Thanks for the help

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, pasta, recording