hmm thank you munky261 for you instructions.
I tried it with macchanger

1. disconnect wlanhotspot
2. macchanger --r wlan0
3. connect
4. get new trial

this changes my mac. After changing I could not connect to my wlan any more. So I deactivated the wlan encryption for some minutes. It worked and I could achieve a new trial. But after reseting my device the mac changes back to itīs original and the trial does not work any more, but wlan works again even with decryption. Hm. btw changing the date does not work for me :>

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
I always leave mine connected while im changing the mac, then after you disconnect then reconnect immediately. Security settings on some routers may prevent you from connecting with your changed mac. My gf has a linksys and the way she had the security set up i had to change the settings on the router before i could connect with a changed mac. As far as changing the date goes with this method that has nothing to do with it, if your router wont let you on once youve changed your mac just change the settings on it so it will let you. And regarding you resetting your device, everytime you reboot or reset it reverts it back to the original mac and you simply have to do the process again. Also, was wondering about the #2 in the step you listed, walk me through how you are doing this step by step with the exact commands you are typing in so i can make sure you got it right.

Okay all steps I do are :

1. root (busybox 1.6.1 build in shell ash...)
2. ifconfig wlan0 down
3. macchanger --r(andom) wlan0
4. ifconfig wlan0 up

If I don't do step 2 and 4 macchanger says :
"ERROR: Can't change MAC : interface up or not permission : Device or resource busy"
So to use the full trial I should not generate a random MAC but set every time I start the app the MAC with which I activated the 7 day trial right?

But I don't know why WPA does not allow reconnecting with another mac although the password is right while connecting ^^
It seems to recognize the MAC-ID fake right?

Edit :
I found out I don't need step 2 and 4 if I disconnect before changing.
Btw I think you wonder about the macchanger. It is an app from the repositorys i have

Last edited by Pinatz; 2009-04-07 at 10:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pinatz For This Useful Post:
Yeah...you arent using the correct process, see post #227 on this thread (just a few above as this is #234) and use that process, Have done it myself for over a year. And remember, if your reset the device before your "free" (lol) trial is up you have to do the process again. What I find handy is to keep a text filed saved to open in the notes program that way you can just copy and paste into xterm. Just remember to type a new mac in the text file when needed before you copy and paste. Any questions feel free to ask.

The Following User Says Thank You to munky261 For This Useful Post:
hm thats strange.
My process works fine. The only problem is connecting to my encrypted wlan. So I deactivated the encryption and use a macfilter..
Everything works but it may be a little bit shitty to change the macfilter every 7 days
Do you know why I cant connect even to it when its encrypted with WEP, WPA and WPA2? After reseting the device when the mac is changed to its original I can connect o.o

Thank you for your help (;

Ive never seen that method before, definitely easier. not sure why its like that..I connect to my router just fine when my mac is changed. I guess you can just fiddle with your router settings until youre able to connect while youre mac is changed.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
I don't feel so guilty now about doing this since reading the other thread on how Wayfinder has basically abandoned the tablets for updates.

Ehh...I never feel guilty about doing stuff like this. I guess my 4TB server of movies and tv shows speaks to that. LOL

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Pinatz your issue sounds like an authentication issue with the router. I have come accross this when im "Testing my own WiFi" security with Aireplay.
Google Authentification with router and you should find lots of ways around. If not I will try and talk you through the process.
Thanks again munky261 for your guide.

hmm. I tried out all settings and theres no other possibility than deactivating wpa and wep and only secure the wlan with an macfilter :/
And there is a second problem with the mac-changing.

When you want to drive for a long time, the tablet may drain all the power and then when you charged it then the old mac is back and you can't open the app any more because you dont have internet

Somebody should find a way to crack the app :/

HM! And I thought about a second method. Why don't we create an app that just forwards the whole gps datastream and acts as a USB-GPS-Receiver for a program on pc (to use it with a laptop and software that is already cracked )
Hm.. cracking the wayfinder would be the more elegant way though.

Tags
customers?, middlefinger