Notices

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Fremantle, W. Australia
> Neither do I nor Sygic developers. Admit it: as far as the world is concerned, Indiana may not actually exist.

How many people in Indiana know where Bratislava is?
Maybe Sygic thought it was part of Canada.

Anyway, the only direction you need in Indiana is "stay on the interstate".

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have rerun setup several times, and Indiana is there every time. For example, I can see the streets in Gary, Indiana.

There are checkboxes when you install the maps, and it is possible that you accidently unchecked the checkbox for Indiana. That would mean that no matter how many times you reinstalled the setup, Indiana would be mysteriously absent. Did you make sure the Indiana map was checked?

If you did, I'm surprised you didn't mention it -- it's something you would mention if you were checking thoroughly. You would say "and I even checked Indiana among the maps to install!"

[QUOTE=HellFlyer;661778]I've been using Ovi on my N95 8gb with voice and turn by turn and I never had any problems. ( I'm not comparing because they are different software) .....However for that same reason do you have any inside knowledge about terrible routing engine. because as far as I know Ovi Maps for N900 was developed from scratch

I didn't know they made voice turn by turn for the n95, I have a N82. I wonder if they updated maps for it?

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
[QUOTE=phase315;663441]
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
I've been using Ovi on my N95 8gb with voice and turn by turn and I never had any problems. ( I'm not comparing because they are different software) .....However for that same reason do you have any inside knowledge about terrible routing engine. because as far as I know Ovi Maps for N900 was developed from scratch

I didn't know they made voice turn by turn for the n95, I have a N82. I wonder if they updated maps for it?
I was using unlocked Symbian with cracked Maps , 2.0 or something like that , I made a mistake by that time I was using it was called Nokia Maps but it had voice though

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I have rerun setup several times, and Indiana is there every time. For example, I can see the streets in Gary, Indiana.

There are checkboxes when you install the maps, and it is possible that you accidently unchecked the checkbox for Indiana. That would mean that no matter how many times you reinstalled the setup, Indiana would be mysteriously absent. Did you make sure the Indiana map was checked?

If you did, I'm surprised you didn't mention it -- it's something you would mention if you were checking thoroughly. You would say "and I even checked Indiana among the maps to install!"
I don't remember having such options. What do I need to know to reinstall it? I added the uin.pak to the maps folder and re-run the setup but still it won't work.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by olighak View Post
I´m sorry of course it should be UIN.

And I do have the file. You can download it from http://hkn.it/uin.pak

just create a uin directory on your N900 and copy the file in there.

Is it not in your maps folder on your computer?

I also copied the setup file from sygic´s server to have it for reinstallation etc.

You can download it from http://hkn.it/sygic/SetupSMM_Maemo_USA.exe

I can´t believe it´s illegal to distribute it, since you need to buy a license to use it anyway after downloading.
Olighak, the re-installation file is a .exe file. should it not be .deb file?