Notices

I know there's that clip-on pad coming out soon but this is what we really want, don't we?

I've made this design, it's not copyrighted so if you run an electronics company you can make this, I don't care.

How does this clip on and run? Simple - magnets on the bottom snap on the frame under the buttons (this should work although if you hang it upside down, it would fall so it also relies on your fingers to stay on the keyboard)
It connects through bluetooth - this allows the analog stick to work (it's designed to work like the pandora's stick - low profile).
No keyboard wear and very tactile buttons.

Comments? Suggestions? I think I'm going to put this into my portfolio after some improvements in the artistic rendering to make it look more realistic.
Attached Images

Last edited by nax3000; 2010-07-24 at 16:34.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nax3000 For This Useful Post:
Nice concept

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
would be very useful for games, but we need more games ><

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
If someone were to make it, one analog joystick and one directional pad would be more useful IMO. I wouldn't mind some extra bulk(would feel sturdier that way too).

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Well done.

I wouldn't mind if the L & R buttons are implemented on the sides.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
If someone were to make it, one analog joystick and one directional pad would be more useful IMO. I wouldn't mind some extra bulk(would feel sturdier that way too).
Well,
1. I wanted the pad to be flush with the screen.
2. Not enough room to fit a d-pad ergonomically.

Also, wouldn't really make sense to put the L and R buttons on the side since, again, not ergonomic at all.

Nice idea! If this was ever made thought I dont imagine the passive keys would be responsive. why not go all out and have a handheld craddle to mount the n900 in with bluetooth connection for control interface

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
what happened to gamegripper anyway?

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ wolver
yeah nice concept, i like the idea of no keyboard wear.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
Also, wouldn't really make sense to put the L and R buttons on the side since, again, not ergonomic at all.
Not 'there', I meant closer to the actual supposed L & R positions. Maybe with some sort of foldable extensions.

Some games are simply unplayable without your index fingers on L & R.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Tags
i don't even, what is this