Active Topics

Poll: What is your vote??
Poll Options
What is your vote??

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by maverick788us View Post
Are these samsung orion processors INFERIOR compared to Texas Instrument processors used by Nokia?
It might be due to the way Android handles processes on dual-core system. Say a flash streaming playing smooth on Xoom (honeycomb) but it would behave laggy in Optimus 2X (Froyo). Looks like Froyo doesn't really harness the full power of its dual-core.

S2 is running on Gingerbread, I'm not sure whether it has sorted out the said issues.

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
It might be due to the way Android handles processes on dual-core system. Say a flash streaming playing smooth on Xoom (honeycomb) but it would behave laggy in Optimus 2X (Froyo). Looks like Froyo doesn't really harness the full power of its dual-core.

S2 is running on Gingerbread, I'm not sure whether it has sorted out the said issues.
video its generally done by the gpu.

any 1ghz chip with a good gpu can play 1080p easily.

You can buy Nokia N9 because its features are the best..You can see all features on this website:www.mobiledealsstore.co.uk/nokia-n9.html

Last edited by joy; 2011-06-30 at 06:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
the overall hardware is better on sgs 2: it’s not only the dual core cpu, but also hdmi with 1080p playback, usb-otg...
the ux of the n9 is much better, but keep in mind that android icecream sandwich will have different ux than 2.3. and there are rumors samsung is going to update the hardware of sgs 2 and release this device in september.

The Following User Says Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joy View Post
You can buy Nokia N9 because its features are the best..You can see all features on this website:www.mobiledealsstore.co.uk/nokia-n9.html
They say it has hw keyboard and show a N950 and at least in the key features they say the OS is Symbian 3, so its totally wrong what is written there.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by joy View Post
Yeah really good link for the specs
" this smart phone which works on Symbian^3 Operating System. "

The Following User Says Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Wait for actual profesional reviews of both to come out.
Try both and see what you like.

The choice now heavily advantages the SGSII, so just wait you could get "the buyers remorse".

i need a keyboard so none of them will do for me.

(unless they make a case with a bluetooth sliding out keyboard like the iphone 4 )

sorry bit off topic but iphone 5 is doing it for me. although nothing is confirmed just that i asked t-mobile they said early next year...

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juanenrique For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
"Has free navigation software: SGSII: Yes vs N9: No

Free navigation software with free map data and updates included, no need to buy an dedicated navigation device"

lulwut?

The Following User Says Thank You to eMiL For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox