Notices

Hello

I'm new here - moving from a android device to the n900.

For what I do, it's much better - except I'm missing a simple feature : call logging.

On android, there's an application called "calltrack" which basically puts the call log into your calendar. With syncing, it means you can easily see which call you missed if you have forgotten you phone, or which call you received on any given day.

A basic google search gave me no such app on the n900 - only this request : http://talk.maemo.org/archive/index.php/t-50452.html

Did the situation change since 2010?

At the moment, I'm thinking about taking something like extended call log from matrim and finding a way to hack out an ical "http post" feature.

But it would be much better to have that as a background function, active whenever a data connection is detected.

Which leads me to the next question : what would you suggest to quickly get started on maemo devel/crosscompiling to do specifically this?

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to guylhem For This Useful Post:
I would love to see this feature implemented

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by guylhem View Post
Hello

I'm new here - moving from a android device to the n900.

For what I do, it's much better - except I'm missing a simple feature : call logging.

On android, there's an application called "calltrack" which basically puts the call log into your calendar. With syncing, it means you can easily see which call you missed if you have forgotten you phone, or which call you received on any given day.

A basic google search gave me no such app on the n900 - only this request : http://talk.maemo.org/archive/index.php/t-50452.html

Did the situation change since 2010?

At the moment, I'm thinking about taking something like extended call log from matrim and finding a way to hack out an ical "http post" feature.

But it would be much better to have that as a background function, active whenever a data connection is detected.

Which leads me to the next question : what would you suggest to quickly get started on maemo devel/crosscompiling to do specifically this?

Thanks
Originally Posted by kishanW View Post
I would love to see this feature implemented
I, too, is something I've been wanting from the beginning.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Interesting feature request.
What is the use case for this? Just to visualize call patterns?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

My use patter is memory based : sometimes I forget my phone at home and I love to see who called "in real time" from work.

Also sometimes I know I have to call back the person who called this morning at 10 or the person who called during the meeting with Mr X but I can't remember who it was because I was doing too many things at one. No problem, it's right in my agenda.

Call logs are IMHO a relic of the past. Their info should be versed in the agenda, where it can be easily searched/accessed/compared to the context

The Following User Says Thank You to guylhem For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I remember back in S60 there was some program that showed a timeline of everything you did on your phone. Photos taken, SMS, emails, calls, etc. and let you view all of them on the timeline.

I don't see any reason why such a thing can't exist on N900, you just need to find the intersection of people who are capable of making it, people who want to make it, and people who have time to make it.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
yeah even Windows mobile had that function.

funny enough, the 900 lacks even of a basic future like alarm call, basically set up an alarm with call option, then select the contact or type a number and when the alarm goes off you can easily call with one click, i think it was on my sym3 n95

Originally Posted by satello View Post
funny enough, the 900 lacks even of a basic future like alarm call, basically set up an alarm with call option, then select the contact or type a number and when the alarm goes off you can easily call with one click, i think it was on my sym3 n95
negative on that one...
even took my N95 out to check it;
no way to make a "call alarm" on Symbian OS S60

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
negative on that one...
even took my N95 out to check it;
no way to make a "call alarm" on Symbian OS S60
ok, it must have been some previous model than.. i remember to have that function, and i started with the "soap piece" nokia 6600..