Active Topics

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Add very, Very sad face here

Thanks for the effort to the crew, though

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Is this just coincidence that both these attempts seem to fail on the end of the year?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
@chenliangchen,
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I'm trying to push Michael for a refund. [...]
thank you very much for communicating the status of the Youyota tablet properly.

Two notes / questions on this topic:

1. How realistic is a refund, as much money has been spent on parts, already?
Somebody has to take those costs (usually the backers, that is the downside of all crowdfunding campaigns and everybody should have been aware of that when backing the project), so I would expect a potential refund only to be a small fraction of the originally invested sum.

2. I assume most of us backers would rather prefer to obtain a SailfishOS tablet at all, even if it comes at a somewhat higher price, e.g. without the Bluetooth keyboard (which could be offered separately at Indiegogo).

So, if there still is a realistic chance to successfully produce and deliver the Youyota tablet, that supposedly is the route in the best interest of all parties involved (the backers, Michael and the undisclosed third party).
If not, I fully agree that this project should be ended as soon as possible, in order to avoid further loss of money for all parties.

P.S.: I am planning (and know of at least one more backer planning this as well) to order a second Youyota tablet, as soon as I received a working one, in order to use this unique chance and help Michael getting the finances back into balance.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I agree with @olf here, I am not interested on a refund, I'd rather get a tablet later than never.

As this was a crowdfunding and not a sale there is no obligation for any refunds. Ever.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
https://i.imgur.com/L8CQaSW.gif

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Indeed! If someone launch a third campaign I’m totally game.

Finally we got some image in the thread. AWSOMe GL yo all!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
As this was a crowdfunding and not a sale there is no obligation for any refunds. Ever.
Now that is wrong. It's not crowdfunding of the person (Michael or Chen or whomever). It's crowdfunding of the tablet. If the money aren't spent to the production of the tablet - they MUST be refunded.
Note - IGG is not hi-tech crowdfunding platform. One can easily fire up a campaign to crowdfund a party. However - funds should be spent according to the goal. If you campaign for a party but spend it for an iPad - that is misappropriation of the funds.

But yes, if it ends up with production of the working unit - I'd buy one (I'm not a baker yet) despite it's already (almost) relict platform with known flaws.

Last edited by ruff; 2018-01-01 at 20:22.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os