Active Topics

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
No it is ceratinly not faster than the version that N900 is shipped with. You know why? Because it is precisely the same version only the number is changed in binary to fool sites checking that number. And please stop spreading false information.
That thread has false information about AFP 10.1 at first,
second, you don't have the official 10.1 adobe plugin for ARM! Because how your are? I don't know you, so you're nobody dude!

The Following User Says Thank You to taril For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Technically, if they work with this plugin then they don't actually require 10.1 (whatever they may be claiming to require).
Just like how some crappy websites they it requires IE X.x - forcing you to change the user agent string to Googlebot or something and it will work happily.

facebook videos work at least!

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
Originally Posted by taril View Post
That thread has false information about AFP 10.1 at first,
second, you don't have the official 10.1 adobe plugin for ARM! Because how your are? I don't know you, so you're nobody dude!
I'm going to assume there is some sort of language barrier because nothing you just said makes any sense to me. This is simply a hotfix(for lack of better words) that basically acts the same way changing a Browser's User Agent does. It just fools the website into believe the content is being displayed through a Flash 10.0/10.1 Player(because most sites simply check the version number of the Flash Player plugin).

No features or performance changes were made to the plugin or any software, it simply changed a line text in the Flash plugin(I may be underestimating what they actually modified, but the thought remains the same).

Correct me if I am mistaken though, you may have magically stumbled upon some real Maemo-compatible ARM Flash Plugin that I have no knowledge of...

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

A handy GUI is available for doing this now:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59336

Also since the thread creator is refusing to change the misleading title could a mod change it and lock this thread? It can't lead to anything good other than flame.

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post: