Active Topics

RE: 4GB+ Mini SDHC availability in Canada (for N810)

The only place I've been able to find anything higher than 4GB Mini SDHC is at newegg, but I am pretty sure they don't ship to Canada.

Anyone out there in Canada know of a place where we can buy Mini SDHC cards higher than 4GB?

Last edited by morrison; 2008-04-08 at 17:56.

You could always go for a micro SD + mini adaptor. Minis don't appear to have the same range of sizes as micros, at least not over here in the UK.

If you do go this route, make sure you don't use a Sandisk micro to mini adaptor as they don't work.

I bought an 8gb micro card with mini adapter, works fine.
I would not expect to see much in the way of new mini cards, as micro has largely supplanted it.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
TigerDirect.ca is showing 8Gs. The price is almost right...

Wait let me get this right... the "micro" size is smaller than the mini? I am guessing it has to be, if I can use a micro SDHC + mini adapter in the N810? If that's the case then I will look for that.

So will this work in the N810? Is the device on the bottom left a "micro to mini adapter" ?

yep, the only problem being that Sandisk micro to mini adaptors have a record of not working.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Down East Maine - USA
I bought the Sandisk 8GB micro but it wont seat (push all the way in) to the mini adaptor. It won't work in my N810. Where can I get a micro to mini adapter that works with this 8GB micro chip. Got a vendor and stock number?

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by REDHUNTER View Post
I bought the Sandisk 8GB micro but it wont seat (push all the way in) to the mini adaptor. It won't work in my N810. Where can I get a micro to mini adapter that works with this 8GB micro chip. Got a vendor and stock number?
I had bought three of these 2gb cards from NCIX when they were on sale for $12.99. $14.99 Still a good price. Good cards, bought them mainly for the adapters though. I'll primarily use them when I finally can upgrade my wife's & my cel phones later this year. HTH
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset