Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
... remember it needs the right mouse key, so in order to have it install keylaunch. I don't know if it's already in Qole's last easy debian package because I'm still using my old rootfs from Johnx.
I don't have keylaunch yet. I think that's the package that only works on the N810? Benson said he was going to map right-click to the HW + key for me, but he's been busy with other stuff, I guess..

I'll look into mapping the right-click somehow. Help would be appreciated.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Spain (Asturias)
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
BTW, the clock is always 3 hrs ahead, is that qole's clock? How do I set it to average user use? Thanks, it is fun........till reflash, I guess
bun
Hello;

I fixing this issue coping the OS2008's time local definition in the Debian's chroot:

Code:
cp -a /etc/localtime /debian/etc/localtime
Maybe Qole can add this file to the package "easy-deb-chroot".

P.D: Thank's Qole for the awesome package.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kilian For This Useful Post:
Quick question...does the easy-deb-chroot delete everything on the memory card. I'm already booting from memory card.

Thanks

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Manni: It doesn't delete anything from the memory card.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
On the synaptic, there is also kde desktop environment. Can I install it? Would that made my house on fire?
Burning house. You'd run out of room in your disk image for sure. If you're a crazy installer like me, you're better to make a big (2-8 GB) partition and use that instead...

BTW, the clock is always 3 hrs ahead, is that qole's clock? How do I set it to average user use?
I think that's GMT. You need to set your time zone like St. Kilian says:

Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
Code:
cp -a /etc/localtime /debian/etc/localtime
I'll include that in version 0.6...

Thanks, it is fun........till reflash, I guess
Actually, your Debian install will survive a reflash, since it is on your memory card. You might lose some personal settings from your home diectory, but, a reinstall of the small easy chroot .deb is all that's needed after a reflash.

Last edited by qole; 2008-07-06 at 19:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Burning house. You'd run out of room in your disk image for sure. If you're a crazy installer like me, you're better to make a big (2-8 GB) partition and use that instead...
I got a 6 G partition, should I, may I, can I ?
Somewhere in your post, i guess the 1st one, Debian installation runs out of room is 'ugly'. Does it mean I need to reflash AND reformat the card, or even more.........nay, I leave it alone for the time being.

bun

Thanks Geneven,

I'm using my 8GB memory card to boot from so my internal memory card on the N800 has a total size of 480MB, the actual "device"memory has enough space how to I install the image file on the actual device memory. Can I download the image file and place it on the actual device memory?

Thanks

You need a memory card (called /media/mmc1 or /media/mmc2) with 1.3 GB free on the first partition.

If you install the deb and run the installer, it will show you how much space you have on your cards. You may need to buy a bigger card

Hi Qole,

The memory card is large enough its just that I'm booting from the memory card using penguinbates deb. Am I able to resize partitions and if so how so without having to wipe the card?

Thanks

Last edited by manni; 2008-07-07 at 03:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to manni For This Useful Post:
Qole, this really is the bomb.
So practical and applicable.....
I have had great luck with the gimp (using a limited pixel size of course)
and I find ABI Word is quite fast within the Ice Windows Manager.

But, the best part is that now, within Maemo, I can actually move around the non-full-screen menus. -try it with the connection connect window that pops up.

You really executed the Debian environment beautifully.
It is enough to make me jealous of myself!!!

Thank you very much

dcarter

Closed Thread

Tags
debian, easy debian, obsolete