Hi,

I have a big problem: I have updatet my n900 to the new firmware (two times already9) BUT I still canīt enter the ovi store, it tells me that my phone is not compatible. Entering store.ovi.com and store.ovi.mobi still brings me to this page: http://store.ovi.mobi/default/index/incompatible . Entering the store through the pc and sending a sms with the link to the download of an app to my phone still leads me to the page above. Can somebody help me? I haven`t found a solution and i`ve search the net for the whole day already.

BTW. im from germany and the ovi store was lounched already here

Works fine on mine... btw from US

thats good for you, but is here somebody who can for real help me?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Are you hiding the user agent?

do you mean if i use the hide user agent? i used it but now i have just put the firmware a second time on my phone, so at the moment i don`t use it and still cant visit the store.

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Any extra software installed or something? I'm not expert or even close, but may be related with that or ... not.

If i was you and have my backups made i would just uninstall all software and try again if there is some program that interrupts something.

But thats kind of a hard way to just to test.

Yes, the "hide user agent" will stop it from working. I think that updates the user's microB config, so will persist across firmware reflashes. Try removing/renaming the config directory - from X Terminal, run:
Code:
mv .mozilla .mozilla.bak
You may also need to reboot to get the browser system to reread the config.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
i tried it allriedy. Erased everything and put the new firmware on, so the phone was as pure as it can be. What i have infact notced was that i can access the store with the 3dr party browser that has a drop as a symbol (can`t remember the name now), but i wasn`t able to download something, i just was able to save the downloadlink on my phone ( but only after i remover all "?" from the link, because with them my phone got an error) afte which the browser just closed itself and i was an the desktop screen again.

so i just have to enter " mv .mozilla .mozilla.bak in x terminal" and then reboot?

Yes - the reboot may not be needed, so try the store before rebooting.

Tags
browser user agent, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser, microb, n900, ovi store, user agent, user agent string