Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
the tech specs looks like the Samsung Wave with a qwerty.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
the tech specs looks like the Samsung Wave with a qwerty.
Or more like Galaxy S as both got AMOLED 4" screen. Thought N9 would be spec king if it was released today.
Spec really do look perfect IMO and if the screen resolution and GPU are true too i would really be positively surprised.
I will probably take easy and wait till years end just to see where Android is heading before buying anything next to Galaxy S and N900.

Last edited by tissot; 2010-09-03 at 16:42.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
not enough to kick my n900 out...I Want more!. guess I have to wait for
n10. You should see the rumoured specs some bloggers presented

Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
In my opinion, the n9 is Nokia's last hope. If they screw it up they will loose their high-end sales for the next several years as competitors have much more compelling devices for consumers (not geeks).

I for one will never consider Nokia again for several years if the n9 is a disappointment...

Its in Nokia's interest to throw everything they can to surpass competition. In my opinion, they should not consider making a profit on n9 so it sells well.. that's how badly Nokia needs a huge hit right now.
Agree with you so much that I wish I could give you 10 thanks. However, you need to make do with one. Nokia really needs this to be a smashing success. It is all well and good selling 100 million symbian phones but we know there is not much profit margin on those £40 phones. They need to regain mind and market share in the high end.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
But people need to start realising that higher specs (cpu clock rate, more RAM, huge battery) isn't always better...

... and that software plays a HUGE role in this...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
In my opinion, the n9 is Nokia's last hope. If they screw it up they will loose their high-end sales for the next several years as competitors have much more compelling devices for consumers (not geeks).

I for one will never consider Nokia again for several years if the n9 is a disappointment...

Its in Nokia's interest to throw everything they can to surpass competition. In my opinion, they should not consider making a profit on n9 so it sells well.. that's how badly Nokia needs a huge hit right now.
Nonsense. The N8 will outsell the N9 or any other Meego-device Nokia will produce within the next year and a half. Maybe by a factor of 50.

Originally Posted by bsving View Post
Nonsense. The N8 will outsell the N9 or any other Meego-device Nokia will produce within the next year and a half. Maybe by a factor of 50.
Symbian is supposed and will outsell MeeGo that's for sure, but i wouldn't downplay MeeGo that much. In Nokia's 2009 forecast for Harmattan they are expecting to sell them in millions in 2011.
As Symbian phones are now rather clearly inside the low and mid end they are supposed to sell alot, but they surely wanna sell the very top end phones that all got MeeGo inside as well.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
*edited* didnt read the above post properly lol

Nokia's problems are actually related to both the less-than-competitive hardware (esp. high-end) - physically, price-wise and with extremely limited choice - and to Nokia's repeated treatment of the enthusiasts and developers (aka the GEEKS!) by repeatedly abandoning both hardware and software platforms (before and apparently including the current N900).

I'm afraid the still long-awaited Symbian is getting crushed by the sheer volume of mid-range Android handsets and the developer and mindshare support that platform already has. And that tide just keeps growing while the new Symbian and supporting Nokia hardware remain nonexistent.

Meego, regardless of its Linuxian strengths, remains a small niche even on the Intel side (and can be expected to remain so until Intel's release of the truly power-efficient architectures in 2013).

Nokia isn't exactly helping Meego's growth on the ARM side of things...

The exact people Nokia desperately needs on the Meego-on-ARM train are the very same geeks (developers and enthusiasts!) Nokia has been repeatedly and successfully been pissing off over the last three years.

A lot of these geeks and opinion leaders can take one slap in the face like a man, but two or even three times is simply too much.

Geeks know a good thing when they see one. Blowing $400-500 on a device (maybe more than once) that is supposed to open (but turns out that neither hardware nor software actually are open) and gets abandoned without even the most crucial security updates (due to the closed nature) after just one year or even less... Many feel that the goodness of that deal got lost somewhere along Nokia's decision-making chain.

Some believe that there can't be a thriving applications ecosystem without hordes of consumers. Possibly, but Nokia's management appears to share your belief that geeks aren't necessary to make that software ecosystem happen.

I'm not going to bet on Nokia's approach though. And you can bet I'm going to be extremely cautious before plunking money into Nokia products again based on their promises.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peet For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
something tells me, this wont be meego -__-