Notices

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Hello!

I've been searching and have found nothing definite.
Is there a Kindle reader for N900?

I don't want to log into NITDroid to read some ebooks (nitdroid rapes my battery).

I don't want to convert (if that's possible) and mess around with the ebooks, just want to read

Thanks!

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
There is no kindle specific reader that I know of, if it doesn't work in FBReader then you'll have to convert unfortunately. I would perhaps recommend you buy your books in a more open format whenever you can.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
There is MGuttenburg on the N900 that allows you to download and read books that are freely available

HI all
this is the 1st time for me here in this talk, so as I got some experience with my N900 so, regarding your question about kindle
I found some way around by"
1. download "Mebook" application from repositories on N900 which can open EPUB file formats
2. download and install for your PC "calibre - E-book management" program, by the way this is an Ebook format converter and open source program
http://www.calibre-ebook.com
so you can convert the format you want on your PC to EPUB format then download it to N900 and now you have kindle like program on your N900

I hope that this can help you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khaled For This Useful Post:
Does this site run on the N900:
https://read.amazon.com/
It is an HTML5 web-based version of the Kindle reader.

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post: