Active Topics

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
this article showed some pretty awesome things in the way of security

http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/...-the-nokia-n9/

the in-built remote locking app, and it can be set up to send your pin code to a "trusted person" in case you forget it.

sounds awesome, hopefully it all works as well as planned!

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
sounds lame, why do i need "credits"?

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Where's the remote wipe?
Also, note that Aegis totally gimps any freedom that Harmattan has.
Not worth the security features, when you can easily obtain a pocket knife/license to carry a gun.
And oh, Apple's Find My iDevice is now free (EDIT: only for 4th generation devices, but I'm sure a plist edit will fix that). WTF, Nokia?
Do note that most of Track & Find can be done with SMSCON.

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Where's the remote wipe?
reading comprehension fail...

it HAS that
it REQUIRES CREDITS

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
I am assuming 'credits' is what they use to offer as a monetary medium. Instead of 'points', 'value', 'fee', they simply refer it as 'credits'.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
reading comprehension fail...

it HAS that
it REQUIRES CREDITS
Whoops, overlooked that.

Still wondering why the service is charged for credits. I'd understand charging for an app, but it doesn't even need to touch their servers, you can have it all run on 3G or WiFi to the Internet (case in point: Hamachi and TeamViewer, which can create point-to-point tunnels anywhere.)

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Whoops, overlooked that.

Still wondering why the service is charged for credits. I'd understand charging for an app, but it doesn't even need to touch their servers, you can have it all run on 3G or WiFi to the Internet (case in point: Hamachi and TeamViewer, which can create point-to-point tunnels anywhere.)
Maybe they just want to capitalise on their services. They still haven't provided in detail how does one accrue points and how it all works apart from how the credits would be used.

it's okay if it costs a little bit of money to use the program, but i can't say i trust something that you don't test until you need it thanks to their stupid payment system.
i wonder how much a credit is...

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/revie..._Protect_2.php

Here is the same track and protect for symbian. it's available on android now aswell.
Pricing is ok as you only need to have credits when you've lost your phone and want to find it. and 30cent is nothing to do an action when you may only do a few to find it. I would like to see it in action and how well it works so spending €5 to make sure i can track my phone if it's stolen is well worth the price. if the system is good i'd pay €50 for it. personal data and expensive hardware are worth a solid application in this field.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post: