Active Topics

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chester, CA
So in a botched soldering job attempting to repair my n900 after blowing its 5v vbus fuse, i unsolder-ed an unknown smd device (4pin) off the board next to the fuse, and now i don't get any gsm reception, and the usb charge/connect is still broken.

The phone boots fine, but i need a working replacement motherboard, or broken n900 for parts/repair that i can salvage a mobo from, as well as the keyboard insert (stripped one of the torx screws in it a long time ago) if possible.

Willing to pay up to $80 USD for a working board, or damaged n900 with the mobo undamaged that boots & has no issues in regards to the motherboard, or $25 USD for a physically undamaged but untested mobo/ damaged n900 that may or may not be in working condition, ie as is.

Also would buy a used in good working/physical condition n900 for $125-140 (not including shipping) depending on its condition. Only looking for domestic US offers, no itnl.

Flexible on prices, make an offer by all means. I live in norcal btw and would like insured priority USPS delivery. Shipping prices not included in offer prices.

Can pay with paypal, dwolla, bitcoin, or cash in mail if we can get a trusted US member to offer escrow services, for a reasonable reimbursement for their time/effort. IE, you send the n900/parts, i send the cash to the trusted 3rd party, they confirm the device boots, or that its a physically undamaged untested mobo/n900, and that i sent the cash, then they mail out the packages respectively.

Will waive escrow by a 3rd party based on your reputation on maemo.org, trust is determined at my discretion.

All offers welcome, i have another working n900 on the way, but want to have a backup for obvious reasons, and would like to repair my original device.

Thanks

Last edited by eleseur; 2013-05-05 at 03:21.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Gday mate, I've got a fully working n900 here at home, and also a bricked n900 here with no USB port. I was a ****** and installed CSSU on a phone with no USB port. I did have a way to charge that phone that's why I was using it. So as it is I'm 110% sure the mobo works if you want the whole phone as is is send it. Again it has no USB port.

And I'm in Australia.

Cheers

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chester, CA
Thanks for the offer, but i'm looking for a mobo with a usb port, and domestic (us) sourced.

Apprecciate the offer though

And to update, the gsm/3g works, its just really spotty, signal quality took a huge dive, and i get random reboots every now and then, usually when opening the keyboard slider.

Still looking for a working mobo around $65, or a mint/lightly used n900 around $150 though.

Cosmetics are of no concern if the device is in good conditon, and the screen doens't have alot of scratches, i can replace the body if its cracked/scratched up or physically damaged in a purely cosmetic manner.

Also would consider a working n900 with a broken screen, or scratched screen, just make me an offer if interested. Prob could do around $90 for a heavily scratched working screen, or $80 for a broken screen/physically damaged but only externally working n900. I don't mind buying a screen off ebay or a new housing and fixing it, but only if the price is right.

I'd just like to get a backup, i have a almost new n900 on its way atm.

If anyone US based wants to unload something like described above, pm me an offer.

Last edited by eleseur; 2013-05-07 at 01:47.