Well.. u have to make a new partition for the swap you are going to use.. it can be on either card; it doesn't matter which..

So you need to either dabble in resizing your current partition if you only have One on your SD card.. or reformat and start over. I tried the resize approach here at work and FUBAR'd the whole card and had to start over .. it's a risk you take. I did it off memory though.. using this as a guideline may have helped (I didn't take off journaling first).. http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_resi...xt3_partitions

Anyway.. once you decide how you want your card lined up.. Say your first partition is Swap, and the rest is / all you have to do is:

Code:
mkswap /dev/mmcblk1p1
Which prepares it for swap use.. and then to manually add it

Code:
swapon /dev/mmcblk1p1
Or .. to load it at boot (recommended).. you have to modify your /etc/fstab and append the line

Code:
/dev/mmcblk1p1  swap  swap  defaults  0  0
Then it will start at boot.. or to start it without rebooting is just swapon -a. You can have as many swap paritions as you want.. The Clone to SD deb I loaded created a 128MB swap on my internal 2G card, and I created a 512 swap on my external card.. so I added two lines to my /etc/fstab; one for each device.

To check how much swap you have, and how much is being used (including memory)

Code:
free -m
My output (while it's totally idle):

Code:
         total    used  free  shared   buffers  cached
Mem:  123     112    11    0          12          40
Swap:  608    92     515
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2008-08-06 at 16:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
BTW: Your sig says you've 'installed' adobe flash player.. well so have I .. but does it actually run for you?? Anytime I try to view ANY page with flash in it - My entire tablet crawls to a screeching halt for hours.. It's impossible.. I literally have to remove the battery to reboot and make a mental note to never hit that site again.

Happens to me all the time if I forget to add /forums/ to the itT website and hit the main page.. if it loads a flash advertisement.. I'm screwed.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I was kinda hoping someone would figure out how to get the tablet's libflashplayer.so running under Debian, maybe in Iceweasel or Kazehakase....

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Sweet!..and yeah i have that same problem... rotation FTW ...thats all Ive needed rotation for so far.
Rotation is fine if you are running Gnome as your primary desktop, which of course is the name of this thread, and so you are perfectly right in suggesting it. However, If you are using a nested X server like me, Mr. Thread Hijacker over here, it gets more complicated. Sure, I can rotate the Gnome desktop, but it doesn't rotate the stylus clicks, so suddenly I can't tap on anything on the screen...

If I try to rotate the OS2008 screen and then go back to my alternate desktop, the desktop has the right rotation, but it only fills the top half of the screen, and it goes off to the right somewhere. In other words, it changes orientation, but not dimensions. I think there is no fix for this, unfortunately.

The guy who wrote Xephyr, Matthew Allum, will be at the Maemo Summit in September. I want to get a "posse" to go and beg him to add some tablet-specific stuff to the server, like pressure sensitivity and scrollbars.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Actually Yeah... I had tried the rotation in Chroot and noticed those same symptoms... sorry about that.. wasn't thinking for a minute.

For those I know of no way .. but luckily most of the Gnome dialogues do not have an "apply"... just a close.. so selecting your changes, and just clicking the "X" will still save them in my experience.. but some settings may not be accessible due to the size.. which sucks.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I was kinda hoping someone would figure out how to get the tablet's libflashplayer.so running under Debian, maybe in Iceweasel or Kazehakase....
http://trac.tspre.org/projects/nit-d...an-flashplayer , http://trac.tspre.org/projects/nit-d...an-flashplayer

For the others, it's a matter of making a link to the /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libdebianflashplayer.so. It is the tablet's libflashplayer.so, with a support library that fake some unused hildon methods - not Gnash or Swfdec etc, it's adobe flashplayer.

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
http://trac.tspre.org/projects/nit-d...an-flashplayer , http://trac.tspre.org/projects/nit-d...an-flashplayer

For the others, it's a matter of making a link to the /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libdebianflashplayer.so. It is the tablet's libflashplayer.so, with a support library that fake some unused hildon methods - not Gnash or Swfdec etc, it's adobe flashplayer.
And they WORK?? Holy ... I shall try these ASAP.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
And they WORK?? Holy ... I shall try these ASAP.
I thought you people said you installed that? I tested this under epiphany, xulrunner (gtkmozembed), atleast. They're automatically built as base packages in NIT-Debian (or Deblet as it may be called).

Or is it swfdec/gnash plugins you installed?

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Mr. Thread Hijacker over here
You may jack it, just don't rule it!
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
I thought you people said you installed that? I tested this under epiphany, xulrunner (gtkmozembed), atleast. They're automatically built as base packages in NIT-Debian (or Deblet as it may be called).

Or is it swfdec/gnash plugins you installed?
Well my install broke half-way through remember so I may not have gotten them all.. and I had tried adobe-flashplayer (which I notice now is a dependency of those two you linked).. and I swear i was still freezing when watching flash.. but I will try again.

Right now working on doing DUN through my Phone through Debian...

ETA: Granted I may have been trying Galeon, Kazeha-whatever that browser is, Firefox, and other browsers.. not necessarily epiphany..

Tags
debian, deblet, gnome