Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by panatha13 View Post
i just try to find out why my case is so different. To everybody here nokia responds tha it cannot be repair and they offer another phone. Why they tell me that they can repair it and have to pay 60E even under warranty? The nokia care shop i visited told me that they have sent it at the main nokia service.
Is there anybody that was asked to pay for a repair under warranty?
My 2 cent's on this, i love my N900 and if this was the only way to get it fixed then i would pay.

If this is the new practice from nokia, well i would have my USB strengthen......

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
The usb port is a design fault and you have stated it is still under warranty so WHY are you even thinking about paying 60 euro for a repair UNDER WARRANTY ?

Is this Nokia repair shop on mars or something? they do not understand what a warranty repair is ????.
i'm not thinking to pay! i believe that people that work on that nokia store just want to do the repair to get money. Had they sent it to main nokia service,then they would know that it is a hardware fault.

i then called Nokia care Greece line and they told me that i have to pay because warranty doesn't cover broken parts :O
i told them that it is a common problem due to a hardware fault. They didn't believe me :O
i sent an email with over 10 threads from here and the thread from discussions.nokia.
michaels(community manager from discussions.nokia) also informed the nokia Greece service about the problem and i'm waiting now.

but for sure i won't pay a cent.

The Following User Says Thank You to panatha13 For This Useful Post:
my mobile is now charging i just used converter for charging now it is charging fine with converter cable

update: they now tell me that i have to pay because SN of my device isn't included in the first devices that had the faulty hardware. :S i bought it December 2009!!

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by panatha13 View Post
update: they now tell me that i have to pay because SN of my device isn't included in the first devices that had the faulty hardware. :S i bought it December 2009!!
Then go back to them and tell them they are wrong because it is a design fault from day one and especially as yours is an early model, they are trying to trick you into paying when your actually covered by warranty.

i have told it to them hundred of times.. the strange thing is that this is the reply from main nokia service center at Bulgaria.

I am sorry to report that another N900 died. And they tell me that they will replace it with a N8. Which of course is unacceptable. I called Nokia Care Greece and they told me that the replacement device is decided by the central Nokia in Finland. I sent them an email and they told me to refer to Nokia Care Greece. Nice, huh? Does anybody know anything about refunds since its a manufacturing defect and Symbian devices do not meet the needs that I bought N900 for?

omg. you are also from Greece. And they give you a new phone,the same time they tell me to pay 60E!! people are crazy

And this is what is left of my N900...

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dunfermline, Scotland
Originally Posted by philheaton View Post
Just taken my N900 into Nokia Care as the USB port is hanging out

They said they would have to send it away as it's a "Level 3" repair and they are only qualified to deal with "Level 2". I asked what are the chances of me getting the N900 back and after looking at the computer for a while said that Nokia would probably offer me a different handset.

I've had the device since January 2010 and have become used to having a hackable Linux box with me everywhere I go. In retrospect, should probably have not taken it in and got out a soldering iron instead.

<UPDATE> They gave me an N8
And a BIG welcome back for...

ME!

After being palmed off by Nokia with an N8, I have finally managed to find a used N900 that wasn't falling to bits and at a good price (£120). It has a couple of minor scratches on the screen, but nothing you wouldn't expect.

Previous owner was selling as it was "too complicated for him" and just wanted a phone.

I feel like I've been reunited with an old buddy, and now we're gonna PARTY! Woohoo!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philheaton For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty