Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Originally Posted by |ErosizeD| View Post
Yes i know, but i mean i can use watsapp right? for that i dont need voicecalls, normally only i use that aplication to chat with my friends.

In rare cases i use calls... If that is needed i can switch on maemo i less than a minute.
OK, apps that aren't related to voice calls are mostly usable... but that doesn't mean you can use it day-to-day either. For me it's a bit slow in responding, app compatibility is lower than average (for hardware acceleration reasons some apps won't run correctly or just Force Closes), and resistive screen acts like ____ with Android (Maemo 5's fine with that) so to me it's a device for pure "development" (I already have 3 separate devices for calls/web/gaming)
And glad to see someone like me who's not so interested in voice calls working on NITDroid!
Switch to Maemo SERIOUSLY takes more than a minute! And what if you're being called in urgency? Wanna switch to Maemo for ~2 mins and lose the call? Keke, better fetch yourself a dumbphone!

I am currently using NITDroid 2.3.7, things are stable but I am unable to use Market it keeps "Force close"'ing on most occasions. Any fixes pls

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
I have installed N11 last week. Today i wanted to try ICS, so I installed it but I couldn't get passed the "touch the android" screen, no matter what I tried, it kept telling me that the the startup wizard crashed. Not a huge problem, I didn't care a lot. So I removed ICS.
Now, I couldn't boot into power kernel49, the entry was still in multiboot, but it created a reboot loop.
I booted into the default kernel and installed N12. To do that, I had to reinstall the nitdroid installer (v9 beta3) for some reason, although I didn't uninstall it.
Now the problem is that there only the nitdroid entry in multiboot. There's no entry for default kernel, or power 49! and even if I restart with the keyboard closed, multiboot menu is shown.
So, any opinions, any help?

edit: when I press 0 to load default kernel, it gives a guru meditation error.
edit 2: I just reflashed and everything back to normal. So consider this a warning about things that could go wrong.

Last edited by ahmadamaj; 2012-02-12 at 08:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to ahmadamaj For This Useful Post:
Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich runs smooth like a silk on Nokia N9!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0DjY...ature=youtu.be

The Following User Says Thank You to AWasisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
Just got to say, ICS with its onscreen buttons will be perfect for our lil' N900's

finally got it running, but definitely not usable for me, overheated and eventually crashed phone, so going back to 237, but loving the work!

I'm trying to get it installed on my sdcard but cannot get the kernel installed. I setup the card, downloaded and extracted the archive (I've tried both the n12_umay and the n14_dev from the dropbox), which seems to work fine, but when I try to install the kernel (I tried both on the dropbox), I get:
dpkg: error processing <kernel> ...
unable to make backup link of ./and/system/lib/modules/<module dir>xt_tcpmss.ko before installing new version: Operation not permitted.
(it's that file on rc7 kernel and aipt_ECN.ko on the rc4 kernel)

Suggestions or ideas?
Thanks.

Ok I redid the sd card and made it ext3 this time.
Everything seems to have gone well (n12_umay and 2.6.28-07_7-rc7) and it seems to be working (so far, I'm just doing the android setup stuff now).

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Belarus
Hello to all! I have a problem: Black Screen while booting Android After "A N D R O I D" appears "warning : ' rild ' uses 32 - bit capabilities (legacy support in use)" and after this appears white "_"....... Help please! I had installed NITDroid by this manual: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgIl-...lcp&playnext=3

Last edited by Zmahar; 2012-02-12 at 20:07.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
The nitdroid download address is back thanks e-yes
The maintainer of Nitdroid-Installer should update the path of the files from:
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/experimental
to
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/
to let the setup working again as it should

The Following User Says Thank You to blackjack4it For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
I have installed N11 last week. Today i wanted to try ICS, so I installed it but I couldn't get passed the "touch the android" screen, no matter what I tried, it kept telling me that the the startup wizard crashed. Not a huge problem, I didn't care a lot. So I removed ICS.
Now, I couldn't boot into power kernel49, the entry was still in multiboot, but it created a reboot loop.
I booted into the default kernel and installed N12. To do that, I had to reinstall the nitdroid installer (v9 beta3) for some reason, although I didn't uninstall it.
Now the problem is that there only the nitdroid entry in multiboot. There's no entry for default kernel, or power 49! and even if I restart with the keyboard closed, multiboot menu is shown.
So, any opinions, any help?

edit: when I press 0 to load default kernel, it gives a guru meditation error.
edit 2: I just reflashed and everything back to normal. So consider this a warning about things that could go wrong.
For the Force Close in Setup Wizard, no it's simply a bug. Just use WinSCP on computer or FileBox or any rooted file manager you want and go delete "SetupWizard.apk" under /home/system/app/. This will simply delete Setup Wizard and a reboot will take you directly to Launcher screen. Enjoy this not-so-fluid(-but-can-be-optimized to me) ICS experience!

Last edited by AndyYan; 2012-02-13 at 09:54.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid