Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Italy
Is it possible to use /MyDocs in nitdroid to install apps instead of /opt? What I have to do? I install nitdroid with the autoinstaller v. 0.2.8-8 android ver. 2.3.4.
Thank you in advance!

hello , i got following error , the autoinstaller went just fine , after reboot no multiboot menu is showen so i run dpkg :

okia-N900:~# dpkg --configure -a
Setting up nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07 (6-rc6) ...
Android not mounted on '/and'. Can't do anything
dpkg: error processing nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07 (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07
any help ?

you need to mount were android is on the /and partition usually done by "mount /dev/'device name' /and"

problem is i have no idea were your installing android.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
any progress regarding ICS usability ?

Where is the ammyt?
Waiting for him for something new....

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
any progress regarding ICS usability ?
Yess man download softwares called launchers, , go to your market on your n900 and type hcl-launchers install those without the theme files. try them realy nice and can install many of them and if u need to launch press on camera batton little bit hard so screen launcher comes up this screen show u what u installed from other software system of ndroid and u can launch from one to other from 1 batton to the screen and choose then launch your system its fast not bad

Last edited by zozeta2; 2012-03-21 at 07:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to zozeta2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Stop writing sh*t about ICS - there are no drivers for hardware acceleration for our GPU and ICS... the latest drivers are for Gingerbread... so what's the point in ics without hardware accelerated UI and apps? It would lag as hell. Btw read forum.nitdroid.com for updates...

http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?....msg327#msg327

Last edited by vakkov; 2012-03-22 at 21:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to vakkov For This Useful Post:
My n900 battery is landing fast on the nitdroid system so can we convert apk files to deb files? Do maemo applications has signe keys. For the sdk

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
Originally Posted by zozeta2 View Post
My n900 battery is landing fast on the nitdroid system so can we convert apk files to deb files? Do maemo applications has signe keys. For the sdk
There are several projects to use android applications on others systems, like icerobot or myriad alien dalvik (there are videos on youtube that show it working). But I don't know if they will be released, I think developers are trying to sell it but no company is interested because it's cheaper to use android directly...

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
I already tried to install the Nitdroid several times and yesterday i had success to install and i already changed the "heapsize" config and activated swap and now the system seems to get better and smooth but in randomic time, the system core hangs and i need to remove the battery and start again.

Everybody says about Nitdroid, but how i can use Nitdroid as a second operating system in my cellphone if i can't use in my cellphone for five minutes without issues?

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid