Notices

FYI, I pulled the latest fremantle conboy to Mer - it's in
Code:
:Devel:Extras
It seems to work fine

Last edited by lbt; 2009-07-17 at 09:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to lbt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by lbt View Post
FYI, I pulled the latest fremantle conboy to Mer - it's in
Code:
:Devel:Extras
It seems to work fine
I always wanted to so something to get Conboy into Mer, but I never found the time... So this is really great! Thank you

Some updates and a call for help are here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...688#post312688.

Hopefully this will speed up the development again

In the current development version I made many changes which now make it possible to have only one open note window. So if you click a link or select a different note, the content of the window changes to display the note you selected.

Does anyone have a good reason why I should also include the old mode (open new window for every selected note)? If not, I'll completely switch to the new "single window" mode.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Maybe you could have one mode as default, but have a way to open a note in the other mode. E.g. if single window is default, have an optional way to open a note in a new window, or if multi-window is default, have a way to open a note reusing the same window.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Maybe you could have one mode as default, but have a way to open a note in the other mode. E.g. if single window is default, have an optional way to open a note in a new window, or if multi-window is default, have a way to open a note reusing the same window.
Thanks for the input But I forgot to mention something. The problem is now with all the changes that I first have to reimplement the multi-window mode. If I would implement it, I definitively will make it configurable in the settings. The question is, does it make sens to put energy into it? Will everyone want to use the single-window mode? Is there a good argument for having the multi-window mode?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Personally, I can see situations where it would be useful for me to have two (or more) notes open at once, and be able to switch between them, like having multiple tabs in a web browser. But I think the default mode should be single-window.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
I'm sorry if this is obvious, but I can't find where Conboy stores my note files. I need to back up my notes frequently. Also, I don't know anything about linux, I used GPE File manager to browse some folders but I didn't understand anything. I'll be really happy if you explain things step by step to this newbie.

They are in /home/user/.conboy. Note that the '.' in front of '.conboy' makes the directory hidden, and you might need to select 'show hidden files' from a filemanager to see them.

The Following User Says Thank You to para For This Useful Post:
Para is right. Also you can use the build-in backup tool to make backups. The notes are included in it.

Tags
conboy, grauphel