Active Topics

I just got a Google phone number for use with Google voice, and I love it. In short, I don't use my cell phone minutes at all any more unless I'm outside my house, because I can take all my calls on my computer.

The downside is I have to be at my computer. If I buy a bluetooth headset, then I'll be able to walk around, but will still have to go to my computer to pickup, hang up, dial, or text.

So I want to setup my Google Voice account to work on my n810. From what I've found online, this was accomplished previously by using DialCentral and a Gizmo account. Gizmo has since been acquired by Google.

I've installed DialCentral on my n810, and it does everything but allow me to make and receive calls. It imports all my contacts, my SMS message history, and I can send and receive SMS messages no problem.

But it gives me this error message when I try to place a call: There was a problem with GV:{'data':{'code':20},'ok': False

Is there something I'm missing? I was trying to follow the instructions on this page but when I got to part two, the buttons and options he's describing don't exist.

Has anyone gotten this to work since Google released their new phone calling service?

The Following User Says Thank You to TearsInTheRain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
You may want to post your error message in the Dialcentral thread as Ed (the developer) is very active and responds to errors reported.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes