Active Topics

Originally Posted by arkonosze View Post
Usb mouse doesn't work for me :/ I've installed bt-hid-scrpits. I can mount pendrives and card readers but when I connect mouse it doesn't react. Mouse cursor doesn't move, but mouse lights are on. Please help
same for me - tried both mouse and keyboard and they don't work even though i can attach other things - joystick and disks on key

Just to let people know, I'd thought I'd try the USB Ethernet adapter I had kicking around:
http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPa...duct_Id=281799

After a few false starts (you have to have a network cable plugged in and linked, otherwise it doesn't create eth0) I can happily say it's working.

Once again, great job guys! You've made a amazing phone even more amazing.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sonny_Jim For This Useful Post:
this simple script can hopefully get the mounting job done
it depends on pmount (see post 440 in this thread), and also you need to be root.

one line verison ! (well it has a loop so it isn't really a single line )

Code:
#!/bin/bash
for entry in $(cat /proc/partitions |awk '{print $4}'|sed -n '/[0-9]/!d; /name\|mmc\|loop/!p');do pmount /dev/$entry;done

this can be more useful if it leaves a record of what was mounted this way, so it can later be unmounted easily , here :

mount.sh

Code:
#!/bin/bash
cat /proc/partitions |awk '{print $4}'|sed -n '/[0-9]/!d; /name\|mmc\|loop/!p' > /home/user/partitions.txt
for entry in $(cat /home/user/partitions.txt);do pmount /dev/$entry;done
unmount.sh

Code:
#!/bin/bash
for entry in $(cat /home/user/partitions.txt);do pumount /dev/$entry;done
Attached Files
File Type: gz scripts.tar.gz (334 Bytes, 160 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ivyking For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by avidscavenger View Post
As a quick step to making life easier when mounting USB filesystems (I hate typing more than necessary on that tiny keyboard), I've build pmount for maemo based on debian version 0.9.20, the latest that will work with debhelper version 5. I had to modify it to remove the 'user' option when mounting as this isn't supported by busybox. What this means is that you can simply type (for example):

to create the mountpoint /media/sda1 (or /media/<label> if you specified <label>) and mount /dev/sda1 on it. And similarly

to unmount and destroy the mount point.

To install (I guess if you don't know how to do this then maybe you shouldn't be trying, but really it is very easy), download the attachment to your N900 then type:

then (possibly) reboot the device to reload the user and group information. There may be a smarter way to do this, but it was easier just to reboot.
Can you please upload the source either to a server or to extras-devel?

@ MohammadAG: Sure... just as soon as I figure out how to do it. If you want it in a hurry PM me and I'll send you a zip file otherwise might be a day or two. [EDIT]Sorry that was a dumb thing to say, the source is on my work computer, I won't be there until Monday morning (UTC+11)[/EDIT]

Another request: I see the latest version of hostmode-gui depends on kernel-feature-usbhost, which is only provided by kernel-power-flasher. I feel safer using multiboot so I can quickly go back to a working phone with a vanilla kernel should power-kernel ever become unstable. Could multiboot-kernel-power be made to also provide kernel-feature-usbhost? Or, as jOERG says, is uBoot now available for multibooting? Thanks!

Last edited by avidscavenger; 2010-11-27 at 07:31.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
h-e-n GUI shouldn't rdepend on power kernel flasher, rather check for a property signalling the kernel is hostmode enabled - if anything.
Anyway AIUI powerkernel comes with uBoot now, and that should be a cleaner solution for a multiboot system than multiboot pkg

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Unless Power Kernel updated recently from power46, it's not using uboot in the latest version. It had uboot in Power44, and in power45... not 100% sure if power43 had it, I think not, but whatever. Anyway, Titan took it out from power46 because a bunch of people felt the best way to respond to devel software being, well, devel software, as opposed to something stable and guaranteed to work, was to complain about all the horrible problems uboot caused them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Bangkok
Thanks for all developer who developed h-e-n, i love it.

Please clean bugs with conflict other HW like Camera.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by gixx View Post

Umm, camera works fine for me (both stock and FCamera), and this is titan's kernel causing the conflict, not h-e-n's patches.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by gixx View Post

I gather you're not talking about problems on connecting your coolpix to N900, ergo...:

Though it's OT once again, yet a short info: I heard powerkernel + cam works fine when installing latest fcam drivers from extras-devel.
Generally, uninstalling fcam usually fixes camera functions for all cam apps. As it's the old fcam drivers that don't play nice with new power-kernel

Anyway please take complaints about problems in camera with powerkernel to either of those two. As Mohammad already said, it's NOT RELATED to h-e-n.
HTH
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2010-11-27 at 17:09.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, detection, h-e-n, hostmode, speed, usb host