Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
On a sidenote: promotion is NOT about any "voting" (though the term unfortunately is used a lot) - it's about compentent users evaluating the app by applying criteria as explained in http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/devtools/maemo5 and http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
tried out voice nav for the first time today. could do with a little more warning on some turns, it seems to tell you fraction of a second before you need to turn the wheel.

has anyone noticed voice guidance doen't like roundabouts. tried it out using the first voice in list today. approaching some it just says turn left, when it was 2nd or 3rd left. others it use a bear right/ bear left mixture to get you round it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Any possibility of also updating the n9 version? In the store, it's only v1.3...

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
has anyone been able to set home location using ui? if so, how do i do it.
I've actually "optimized" this out because I couldn't see a use case for Marble always returning to a given position after each restart. What's your use case, i.e. why do you need that? I'm curious to know.

really just as a short cut for route planning. just a bit annoying having a home entry that isn't home.

Originally Posted by bp0 View Post
Any possibility of also updating the n9 version? In the store, it's only v1.3...
The N9 version is currently broken because it doesn't remember all settings. For example, it doesn't store the last viewed position, so it always starts in a low zoom value where the whole world is visible. And currently I've got no idea on how it should be fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to shentey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
really just as a short cut for route planning. just a bit annoying having a home entry that isn't home.
This is a bug indeed. To cover your use case, you can create a bookmark which you can use as a routing target.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shentey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Germany
Is it possible to download the complete osm-map for a country? I don't like the function for downloading an area as it has the 100.000 tiles limit which make it impossible to download e.g. large areas of germany in an easy way. I think that i need to download the map seperately e.g from geofabrik an then copy it in the marble directory. But which format do I need and where I have to copy them?

EDIT:
As I have further investigatetd the case, I have to make the following annotations: osm is a great idea, but as often seen in free projects they make it more complicate then necessary:
1) The osm servers serve only 100.000 tiles for server capacity reasons.
2) So far so good: If you wish to have the mapnik tiles for a great area offline, you have to build them on your own. Which in theorey needs only some computing powers, but in praxis the osm guys made really complicate.

But I have read that it was some times ago possible to use the gosmore maps in marble. These are easy to build by yourself. But now it seems disabled. Is there any chance to reenable gosmore in marble?

Last edited by hauslandbibliothek; 2013-10-17 at 20:07. Reason: new knowledge

I used marble on my N900 to direct me on a long-ish cycle (well, 12.5km and back) today and it worked reasonably well, but I'm left with a few questions:

1. Is it possible to change the default zoom level for navigation? I don't care if it'd involve editing a config file somewhere, but I'd like to be zoomed a bit further in as a matter of course so I can see what to do at complicated junctions more easily.

2. Is it possible to get the voice instructions to interrupt media player/openmediaplayer playback? If not at the moment, is it something that might be acheived in future versions?

3. Would it be possible to integrate Cyclestreets routing? (Details of their API.) It is quite good for UK cyclists and would be a nice option.

4. Portrait mode. There was discussion of this on the thread 2 years ago, which indicated it would be available on meego, but I can't see anything since. Has anyone tried it with CSSU rotation?

5. Fullscreen for guidance was also discussed a couple of years back with good arguments pro and con. Would it be possible to add an option for fullscreen to the guidance mode Configure dialogue, which currently only deals with voice guidance.

If there's already a way of doing any/all of the above, please let me know, else I'll br off to the bugtracker to file some requests! Many thanks to shentey for reanimating this.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
I've submitted the following at the KDE bugtracker:

326693 Settings for default zoom level on N900 in guidance mode
326687 Voice guidance does not over-ride N900 media playback
326688 Would it be possible to integrate Cyclestreets routing?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:

Tags
marble, nokia n900