Hi all,

Total Newbie here.... Just received my N800 yesterday and 1st time I turn it off...poof ! won't turn on again, except once this morning for about 10 secs......

Anyway I've tried to read all the posts about the on/off issues and many people do a reflash to OS2008. Question is, How can this be done (from a windows PC) when I can't power it on?

The update wizard software asks to turn on while pressing the swap button. Impossible ?

How does everyone manage to reflash their bricked N800?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I've been searching the posts all day !!!

Thanks,

Paul

edit: It's actually being picked up on Monday for return but may as well try and see what happens in the meantime...

More then likely just a defective hardware.

I always flash my device (initially powered off) by running the flasher, connecting the USB cable, then applying power to the N800 by inserting the power cable, causing the flashing process to start. I don't know if you've tried this, but it might help.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
This has been mentioned many times before but....

Did you try taking out the battery from your Nokia N800, waiting about 10 seconds and then putting it back in and turning it on ?

Sometimes this has been seen to do the trick.

Good Luck ! !

Arjun,

Yeah, tried most "fixes" on this site ! Tried it out for 10 secs, 20, 1 hour etc etc. Nothing works, although I occasionally get the Nokia logo up...it just flashes, no boot !!

Wierd .

I think you made the right decision (sending it back). My first N800 bricked within 24 hours of receipt, and I could not flash it because it would not power up, no matter what I tried. My replacement N800 has given me no troubles at all so far (I've had it for over a week now), so I'm glad I went the exchange route.

The Following User Says Thank You to ssmith For This Useful Post: