Every time I connect to a wifi network /etc/resolv.conf is empty. I have vpnc installed and I know it caused problems before with the 1.1 upgrade, but I installed it for the first time after that.The instructions in this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...288#post470288 don't seem to apply. Are there any other likely culprits?

Originally Posted by CormacB View Post
Every time I connect to a wifi network /etc/resolv.conf is empty. I have vpnc installed
That package installs an ifup-d script (/etc/network/if-up.d/12_vpnc_resolv) that does:

Code:
cat /etc/vpnc/resolv.conf-backup >/etc/resolv.conf
If /etc/vpnc/resolv.conf-backup doesn't exist or is empty it would cause the problem you are experiencing. The modify_resolvconf_maemo() in /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script also looks suspect (it uses /var/run/resolv.conf, while /etc/maemo-dhcp.d/50_ipv4_network_setup creates /var/run/resolv.conf.$interface).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
I had a problem with a blank resolv.conf (plus others) - you may find this thread of use - though it's audio-related, the root cause was networking.

If you have vpnc installed, uninstall it, then install the latest from devel.