Active Topics

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
It is second hand, but the unit itself is only a couple of months old so surely the battery can't be that bad already?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by tabletrat View Post
It is second hand, but the unit itself is only a couple of months old so surely the battery can't be that bad already?
Depends on how the previous owner treated it. One 4 to 8-hour excursion in a hot car (120°F+) can leave you with a practically useless battery, and enough deep discharges can, too.

Honestly, though, it sounds more like an issue of the device not hitting idle due to something sucking up cycles (one of the pitfalls of a demand-based power management system).

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
My *personal* opinion about this manifesto. Cool and seems like you have a plan.

However, maybe it's the politized European in me that would expect a manifesto difficult to achieve, even with some element of utopia. This one looks like an interesting approach, but still not The Manifesto that would stand, say, during the XXIst century.

If I can continue with the *personal* opinion, the comments from the ITT old guard are not helping much Reggie's efforts at dreaming a bright future. Guys, forget for a moment the transient issues (codecs & formats, system performance, hardware polishment) and dream about what really doesn't exist and will change our lives once we have it.

This is the least I would expect from a trascendent manifesto. Another question is if a piece of technology alone can bring that, but that's another story.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
ok, forgetting all issues with what doesn't exist.

A 64GB colour newton with built in wireless/3G/GPS and we are there!

The Following User Says Thank You to tabletrat For This Useful Post: