Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
youtube have changed something (twice in the last few days) and all the maemo youtube download apps are broken.

So my question is this: is it possible for cutetube to use the 'offical' yotube app's url for downloading. Im sure e.g. the iphone youtube app isn't broken so can't we use the url that it uses?
All versions of cuteTube have now been fixed. Symbian/N9 versions submitted to Nokia Store QA. Maemo5 version will be uploaded to extras-devel later.

The 'official' URL is probably the same as that used in cuteTube (I know the website uses the same URL, because I monitored the traffic). It's the means of retrieving it that is different, because it is not available via the public API.

My website

GitHub

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
when you say non public api are you just talking about non public url's or socket connections etc? if it's just non public url's then as you say, monitoring the traffic would reveal what they are. reverse engineering for the purpose of interoperability is legal and legit under u.s. law.

it's time to use the same api(url's) as the iphone app surely !!

i might have a go at monitoring/grabbing the url's used in the official symbian app

actually, nevermind, it looks like it's going to be a mess on iphones

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...hone-and-ipad/

The Following User Says Thank You to marbleuser For This Useful Post:
actually, nevermind, it looks like it's going to be a mess on iphones

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...hone-and-ipad/
This kind of thing is only going to get worse, and is a reminder of what the 'ecosystem' really means for the consumer. I'll stick with my N900.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
it's time to use the same api(url's) as the iphone app surely !!

i might have a go at monitoring/grabbing the url's used in the official symbian app
I'm doing that already, the problem being that the means of retrieving them can never be 100%. Google no doubt provides the URL (or one that redirects to it) as part of the feed response in the private API, but that option isn't available to third-party developers.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Reading, Berkshire, UK
My cutetube has broken - it crashed whenever trying to play videos.
I am using a Nokia N900, and apparently have rights.. but have revoked and readded - or attempted ot add myself back in.

But it isn't working.
PLEASE FIX IT"q

When trying to authorise me, it comes up with a screen saying that "This website has nto yet registered with Google to establish a secure connection for authorisation requests. We recommend you continue only if you trust the following location - www.cutetube.com"

I don't know what to do AND I JUST WANT YOUTUBE TO PLAY ON MY PHONE AGAIN!

PLEASE FIX IT

Looks like cutetube.com is down. FIX IT NOW"

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
All versions of cuteTube have now been fixed. Symbian/N9 versions submitted to Nokia Store QA. Maemo5 version will be uploaded to extras-devel later.

The 'official' URL is probably the same as that used in cuteTube (I know the website uses the same URL, because I monitored the traffic). It's the means of retrieving it that is different, because it is not available via the public API.
thanks so much!! this programme is so vital for me in downloading forgotten songs

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Originally Posted by alcockell View Post
Looks like cutetube.com is down. FIX IT NOW"
dude you're sounding very rude! this app is made free of charge on the owners spare time..if you had bothered to read one page back you would have realised that steps are being taken to address the issue!

be grateful!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube