Posts: 280 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Banyuwangi, Indonesia
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
It doesn't update after coming out of airplane mode.
Never done that.
It's almost 5 days in normal profile, and keep updating.

Edit:
Tried offline mode, the icon still there but it's not updating for about 5 minutes, entered Accuweather app and it's updating again.

Last edited by efion; 2012-04-16 at 01:49.

I have an issue updating the latest update I receive via OTA
for my Accuweather on my N9. It does not get updated and gives me an error.

To simplify I have attached the below 2 snapshots.
Appreciate any help on this please, coz even if I click on "Ignore the update", it comes back in few days and again fails.
( I am on PR 1.3 and UAE based )
Attached Images

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Matt-UAE View Post
for my Accuweather on my N9. It does not get updated and gives me an error
Hmm... the dependencies for accuweather package don't seem so bad:
Code:
Depends: libqt4 (>= 4.7.3~git20110418-0maemo1), libqt4-network (>= 4.7.3~git20110418-0maemo1), libqt4-xml (>= 4.7.3~git20110418-0maemo1), libqtm-location (>= 1.2.0), libqtm-sensors (>= 1.1.1)
If you have PR1.3 all those libraries should be already newer than what accuweather requires.
Do you have possibility to try to install accuweather from command line? ("apt-get install wxapp" would be the command to use). The error reported would help to understand which package bring an incompatibility.

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Hmm... the dependencies for accuweather package don't seem so bad:
Code:
Depends: libqt4 (>= 4.7.3~git20110418-0maemo1), libqt4-network (>= 4.7.3~git20110418-0maemo1), libqt4-xml (>= 4.7.3~git20110418-0maemo1), libqtm-location (>= 1.2.0), libqtm-sensors (>= 1.1.1)
If you have PR1.3 all those libraries should be already newer than what accuweather requires.
Do you have possibility to try to install accuweather from command line? ("apt-get install wxapp" would be the command to use). The error reported would help to understand which package bring an incompatibility.

Minimos.. Thanks for yr reply. But I m honestly not very user friendly with Terminal... The update is not a must for me.. As Accuweather still gives me accurate info and refreshes regularly.

The only thing annoys me is that the Software Update notification comes back every few days, ending in update failure.. thats it..
(cant even resolve by clicking on 'ignore update')

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I'm quite sure this is an issue due to OTA updating to pr1.3...

Matt-UAE even though you are not familiar with terminal just do the following in it and it should work:

Code:
devel-su
rootme [this is default password]
apt-get install wxapp
apt-get install -f

Originally Posted by Matt-UAE View Post
for my Accuweather on my N9. It does not get updated and gives me an error.

To simplify I have attached the below 2 snapshots.
Appreciate any help on this please, coz even if I click on "Ignore the update", it comes back in few days and again fails.
( I am on PR 1.3 and UAE based )

<<<<<<<<<< No luck yet.. i still get this Accuweather update prompt every few days which I cant update and I have to click on Ignore Update. I dont need to even have this Weather info so already have disabled the Accuweather widget from homescreen, through Home Screen Setting app. But what to do about this update that I cant update..... Help ??? >>>>>>>>>>>

Matt-UAE, did you try the solution given by thedead1440 one post above you? I had the same upgrading problem and it solved my problem.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Brazil
who has the running app could post here as it is the file contents:

/home/user/.config/AccuWeather, Inc./awxapp.conf

for us compare

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ BULGARIA
Why AccuWeather dont work properly?! Is it stop worked, as Facebook and other MeeGo apps?! Any idea for repair?!

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 405 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Europe
They have changed the API.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95493&page=9

Uninstall Accu and install MeeCast.